Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Surname Problems

+5
nics
sheryll sanjuan
attyLLL
shad_marasigan
DraculeMihawk
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Surname Problems Empty Surname Problems Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:30 pm

DraculeMihawk

Arresto Menor

So ganito po ang problem

Yung Sister kopo naka based ang surname niya sa papa ko
at ako namang kapatid niya ay sa mama ko,so magkaiba po kami ng apilyedo, ang tanong kolang ay,

1. Kung sakaling mag Abroad ang ate ko at kukunin niya ako, would i be consider as her younger brother?

2. Ilan ang average Time/Day/year bago mapalitan ang Surname ko kung sakale.

Salamat po sa Sasagot
Smile

2Surname Problems Empty Re: Surname Problems Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:13 pm

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

This requires court proceedings. Depende po sa load ng court na hahawak ng kaso.

RULE 108
CANCELLATION OR CORRECTION OF ENTRIES IN THE CIVIL REGISTRY

Sec. 1. Who may file petition. - Any person interested in any act, event, order or decree concerning the civil status of persons which has been recorded in the civil register, may file a verified petition for the cancellation or correction of any entry relating thereto, with the Court of First Instance of the province where the corresponding civil registry is located.chanrobles virtualawlibrary
Sec. 2. Entries subject to cancellation or correction. - Upon good and valid grounds, the following entries in the civil register may be cancelled or corrected: (a) births; (b) marriages; (c) deaths; (d) legal separations; (e) judgments of annulments of marriage; (f) judgments declaring marriages void from the beginning; (g) legitimations; (h) adoptions; (i) acknowledgments of natural children; (j) naturalization (k) election, loss or recovery of citizenship (l) civil interdiction; (m) judicial determination of filiation; (n) voluntary emancipation of a minor; and (o) changes of name.
Sec. 3. Parties. - When cancellation or correction of an entry in the civil register is sought, the civil registrar and all persons who have or claim any interest which would be affected thereby shall be made parties to the proceeding. chanrobles virtua law library
Sec. 4. Notice and publication. - Upon the filing of the petition, the court shall, by an order, fix the time and place for the hearing of the same, and cause reasonable notice thereof to be given to the persons named in the petition. The court shall also cause the order to be published once a week for three (3) consecutive weeks in a newspaper of general circulation in the province.
Sec. 5. Opposition. - The civil registrar and any person having or claiming any interest under the entry whose cancellation or correction is sought may, within fifteen (15) days from notice of the petition, or from the last date of publication of such notice, file his opposition thereto.
Sec. 6. Expediting proceedings. - The court in which the proceeding is brought may make orders expediting the proceedings, and may also grant preliminary injunction for the preservation of the rights of the parties pending such proceedings.
Sec. 7. Order. - After hearing, the court may either dismiss the petition or issue an order granting the cancellation or correction prayed for. In either case, a certified copy of the judgment shall be served upon the civil registrar concerned who shall annotate the same in his record.

3Surname Problems Empty Re: Surname Problems Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:16 pm

attyLLL

if your parents got married, then you might have bee legitimated depending on the circumstances

or you can ask your father to fill in an authority to use surname of the father

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

4Surname Problems Empty Re: Surname Problems Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:47 am

sheryll sanjuan

Arresto Menor

hi! ano po kayang dapat gawin ng kaibigan ko, kasi iba po yung surname nya sa mga documents nya (SSS, PHILHEALTH, voter's ID, school records, etc), apelyido ng tatay nya. pero ng kumuha sya sa NSO ng certificate, nakalagay e apelyido ng nanay nya. tan0ng lang po, an0ng dapat nyang gawin kasi balak nya mg-apply for abroad. salamat!

nics

Arresto Menor

Hi po!
Me problem po aq regarding my double birth registration.
Is it possible that NSO can automatically cancel my second birth registration without court order since considered naman pong invalid/void na yong second birth? Medyo matagal kasi ang proseso sa court.
Hope to hear any comments from anyone who have knowledge about this issue.
Thank you po!

6Surname Problems Empty Re: Surname Problems Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:43 am

Ivyconan

Arresto Menor

Hi, I just want to seek a legal advice regarding sa birth cert ng anak ko. Walang nakalagay na name ng father sa birth certificate nya so nung nagkaroon ako ng live in partner we have decided na sya mg-acknowledge sa anak ko, so prinocessed namin sa civil registrar yung birth nya and he signed affidavit to use his surname. Then naghiwalay kami, nagkaroon kami ng communication ng biological father and wants to change the surname of my son. Ano pong process ang gagawin namin? Thank you

7Surname Problems Empty Re: Surname Problems Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:31 am

KingMike253

Arresto Menor

nics wrote:Hi po!
Me problem po aq regarding my double birth registration.
Is it possible that NSO can automatically cancel my second birth registration without court order since considered naman pong invalid/void na yong second birth? Medyo matagal kasi ang proseso sa court.
Hope to hear any comments from anyone who have knowledge about this issue.
Thank you po!

Nope, ung Second Registration (filed as late registration) un ang iho-honor ng NSO..

In order to change that, you'll have to go through the normal court proceedings na naka-indicate sa 2nd post ng thread na ito..

8Surname Problems Empty Re: Surname Problems Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:38 am

KingMike253

Arresto Menor

sheryll sanjuan wrote:hi! ano po kayang dapat gawin ng kaibigan ko, kasi iba po yung surname nya sa mga documents nya (SSS, PHILHEALTH, voter's ID, school records, etc), apelyido ng tatay nya. pero ng kumuha sya sa NSO ng certificate, nakalagay e apelyido ng nanay nya. tan0ng lang po, an0ng dapat nyang gawin kasi balak nya mg-apply for abroad. salamat!

In my opinion,

That means, nung niregister sya ng nanay nya years ago, either hindi pa kasal ang parents nya, or hindi tlaga nilagay ung biological father nya as the father.. So, surname ng mother ang nasa birth certificate..

Tulad ng lahat ng pagbabago sa birth certificate, kahit isang letter lang ang babaguhin mo, everyone has to go through normal court proceedings stated (Post #2) above.

9Surname Problems Empty Re: Surname Problems Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:33 am

elasmackk67

Arresto Menor

hello! magtatanong lang sana ako kung anu dapat ko gawin.. yong akin naman po.. nadadagdagan ng letra ung apelyido ko instead na PORTA nakalagay sa birth certificate ko is PORTAS..Ipapatanggal ko po sana yong S balak ko din kasi mag mag abroad..tapos ang hinihingi po sa akin na mga docoments apelyido ko na PORTA ang nakalagay.. ei wala po akong dokomento na PORTA ang nakalagay kasi po since highschool PORTAS na pinagamit sakin kasi nga nakita duon sa NSO na PORTAS ang nakalagay.. yong elementary record ko naman po nawala na dun sa dati na paaralan ko kasi binaha. anu po bang dapat kong gawin? please po tulong..

10Surname Problems Empty Re: Surname Problems Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:55 pm

nics

Arresto Menor

Hi po,

Related po to sa double birth certificate. Mga ilang court hearings po ba ang gagawin pag ngfile ng petition for cancellation of birth certificate?

Comments from anyone who have knowledge about this are highly appreciated. Thanks

11Surname Problems Empty Re: Surname Problems Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:26 pm

joyceann_abella

Arresto Menor

Hi!

Here's my situation and hopefully u could help me out...
My birthcertificate shows no name and surname, only middle name which is ABELLA. Inayos sya ng nanay ko and meron na syang supplementary name placed on the lower part of my certificate which is JOYCE ANN. So, here it goes:
FNAME: JOYCE ANN
MNAME: ABELLA
LNAME: no last name

My parents are not married. My mom's surname is ABELLA and my father's surname is BANAYOS. However, im using this name : JOYCE ANN BANAYOS ABELLA. So, prang na-interchange ung surname and middle name. I am 27 and working and been using the name eversince.

Pero, based don sa existing ceritificate ko, I should be using : JOYCE ANN ABELLA. However, all my credentials from diplomas to ids, ang gamit ko is JOYCE ANN BANAYOS ABELLA.

Hindi ako makapag apply for government IDs like SSS and passport kasi magulo ung birth certificate ko. Hahanapan nila kung saan galing ung BANAYOS?

Hopefully, u could help me PLEASE...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum