Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brother in law registered my house into his name without my consent

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

judith_iloilo

Arresto Menor

Hello, I'm the owner of the lot. Before i worked abroad i built a house and I let my sister and her family live, rent-free for almost 15 yrs or so.  Last year I found out that my house is registered to my brother-in-law and my sister's name without my consent .

I asked them to leave...they left...and now I'm getting a complaint from them that i need to pay them or else they'll will file a case of usurpation of property . What should I do? What case should i file to them..Please advice...Thanks

kabbalplus

Arresto Mayor

Mag file kapo ng in-state procedure, malamang na may hawak kang mga resibo ng nagastos sa pagpapagawa ng bahay.
Sabi mo eh ikaw ang nagpagawa ng bahay.
Ganyan talaga nangyayari sa mga property na napabayaan.

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

What evidences do you have you own the lot and house?    Didn't you have title?   (The law is very unfair if there is no title. Then can the first who apply get it !!! Sad
Have YOU the reciepts of paying the property taxes during the years?

At least if you have enough evidience - HURRY to use a MISSTAKE they made   = IF they would have stayed, then you would have had big problem to get them out legaly because of they had been there so long time either paying or get paid.   OCCUPY it yourself or rent it out to someone else. (Or pay someone some as "caretaker"   Smile  
Then no one else  get occupation right by you don't use it yourself.

Filia

Filia
Reclusion Perpetua

File ka ng accion reinvidicatoria (recovery of ownership). Sa kasong yan, ipoprove mo na iyo ang property kahit hindi nakapangalan. Take note, registration is not a mode of ownership. Kahit nakapangalan pa yan sa kanila, ikaw pa rin ang may karapatan dyan. Dapat magfile ka na agad kasi kung hindi pa umaabot ng 1 yr ang pag-alis ng sister mo, pwede silang file ng accion interdictal (ejectment). Sa ejectment kasi, hindi naman kasi bubusisiin yan. Hindi question of ownership ang issue dyan kundi sino ang may karaparatan sa possession ng property. Pag may titulo sila, sila ang may karapatan sa possession ng property. Palalayasin ka nila pero hindi ibig sabihin hindi mo na mapafile ang sinabi kong accion reinvidicatoria.

judith_iloilo

Arresto Menor

Sa akin naman po naka pangalan ang titulo ng lupa...hindi sa kanila. Ang problema lang ang bahay na sa kanila naka registered.
Salamat talaga sa advices nyo!

Filia

Filia
Reclusion Perpetua

Same lang din ang cause of action mo kasi real property rin ang bahay...

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

judith_iloilo wrote:Sa akin naman po naka pangalan ang titulo ng lupa...hindi sa kanila. Ang problema lang ang bahay na sa kanila naka registered.
Salamat talaga sa advices nyo!
Oh. I suppouse they don't have any lease contract with you.
When leases ENDS and aren't extended, then buildings turns belonging to the land owner. I SUPPOUSE the building belong to you as land owner because there aren't any lease Smile At least worth checking if it's like that, because if so is the case very simple.

judith_iloilo

Arresto Menor

Thank you guys for the advices/help, I really appreciate it..At last nawala na ang takot ko...

9Brother in law registered my house into his name without my consent Empty the law clearly light on the matter Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:38 am

joshuav

joshuav
Arresto Menor

Filia wrote:File ka ng accion reinvidicatoria (recovery of ownership). Sa kasong yan, ipoprove mo na iyo ang property kahit hindi nakapangalan. Take note, registration is not a mode of ownership. Kahit nakapangalan pa yan sa kanila, ikaw pa rin ang may karapatan dyan. Dapat magfile ka na agad kasi kung hindi pa umaabot ng 1 yr ang pag-alis ng sister mo, pwede silang file ng accion interdictal (ejectment). Sa ejectment kasi, hindi naman kasi bubusisiin yan. Hindi question of ownership ang issue dyan kundi sino ang may karaparatan sa possession ng property. Pag may titulo sila, sila ang may karapatan sa possession ng property. Palalayasin ka nila pero hindi ibig sabihin hindi mo na mapafile ang sinabi kong accion reinvidicatoria.

i can relate to this advice. thank you Filia!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum