Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

I was hit by a hit & run driver

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I was hit by a hit & run driver  Empty I was hit by a hit & run driver Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:33 pm

ramsey

Arresto Menor

In California I was hit by a hit & run driver that caused me to weave all over.
A 2nd driver (Driver 3) hit me because of my weaving. He stated in the report that he did not know why I was weaving. He couldn't see anything.
The CHP determined there was not enough evidence to find any fault.
However, the officer left out the hit-n-run in the report. I'm sure that's because it was so cold and I was so shook-en up, I made no sense to the officer at the time.
1 month later the "Driver 3's" insurance called & warned me that I was being sued as the one at fault.
???

Please note that when the accident happened, my insurance expired literally three days before the accident. I am taking responsibility and paying for the ticket. I have insurance now. I wonder if they will advise me for something they did not cover me for at the time....

I went to the CHP to add the evidence that was left out. (Supplement/Narrative) It was accepted.
The insurance read it and noticed in it that I stated I had detailed pictures of the damage to my car.
"Driver 3"'s insurance is asking me to email those pictures to them.

Am I being scammed by "Driver 3"'s car insurance company?
Do I have to give the pictures to them?
Or do I have nothing to worry about and I should go ahead and confidently send these digital pictures to them? The pictures clearly show that I got a lot of damage all across the entire left side of my car.

2I was hit by a hit & run driver  Empty Re: I was hit by a hit & run driver Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:28 am

attyLLL

this is a forum for legal concerns in the philippines

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum