Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Project Based Employee Question

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Project Based Employee Question Empty Project Based Employee Question Wed May 04, 2016 3:57 pm

markvincent9

Arresto Menor

Hi Guys, I'm new here. I'm a project based employee for a year. My employer deployed me in a well known government sector. Just want some advice about my current situation and the benifits that i had.

Here are my benifits
1. 3 Emergency Leave in one year (No Sick Leave and Vacation Leave for the whole year)
2. 5 days service incentive leave after 1 year
3. 13month pay
4. Health Card
5. Philam Life (I'm speculating if we really have this since we only filled up a form)

Is it right that that a Project Employee doesn't have the right to have SL and VL? I just knew that i dont have VL and SL after I signed the contract. They said it during my first day
. I did'nt ask even though it was not in the contract because I thought that it;s automatic for all employees except contract employees.

Is it right that a project employee must be in regular tax? Their reason on regular tax is because we have benifits. Benifits which I thought was good. I really hate when I knew that the health card is only worth 500 per month, very low compare to my previous company. Imagine, you are sick and you're absent because you're about to consult the doctor, and once you're absent the deduction is so much higher compare to their monthly pay on the health card. Consultation/checkup + medicine will not go over 1k i think if you dont have health card.

The Service Incentive leave is also tricky. Its a one year contract but you can avail it SIL after a year, F! Worst than that, We knew that they offer another type of SIL to other batch of Project Employees, 12 SIL after 6mmonths + 6 SIL after 1 year.

I signed the contract because the basic salary was high and the fact that they will assign me in a well known goverment sector with a chance of a regularization.

I need your advice guys Sad I really want the place where I'm deployed but there are other companies that offers me a regular position and a better benifits.

2Project Based Employee Question Empty Re: Project Based Employee Question Wed May 04, 2016 4:19 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

1. Sick leave and vacation leaves are not mandatory even for regular employees. Its is voluntary. There the 3 emergency leaves are already above and beyond what you are entitled to.
2. 5 days SIL - this is mandated by law but only after 1 year of service.

taxes- if you are above minimum wage you are subject to taxes.

3Project Based Employee Question Empty Re: Project Based Employee Question Wed May 04, 2016 4:32 pm

markvincent9

Arresto Menor

lukekyle wrote:1. Sick leave and vacation leaves are not mandatory even for regular employees.  Its is voluntary.  There the 3 emergency leaves are already above and beyond what you are entitled to.
2. 5 days SIL - this is mandated by law but only after 1 year of service.

taxes- if you are above minimum wage you are subject to taxes.

Thanks for the info!

SL is not mandatory? really? haha.. Ganyan pala kalala ang batas sa Pilipinas. Bawal mag kasakit.

Why some of the contractual positions that I heard are only 2% tax? do they have a logical explanation on that? I was offered one a contracutual positon with 2% tax, above minimun wage

4Project Based Employee Question Empty Re: Project Based Employee Question Wed May 04, 2016 6:16 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

markvincent9 wrote:

Why some of the contractual positions that I heard are only 2% tax? do they have a logical explanation on that? I was offered one a contracutual positon with 2% tax, above minimun wage

Yung 2% tax withheld (generally for individual contractors) is done but the employee (or contractor) will have to file his income tax directly with the BIR, unlike a "regular" employee under what is called subsituted filing.

http://www.councilviews.com

5Project Based Employee Question Empty Re: Project Based Employee Question Thu May 05, 2016 8:29 am

markvincent9

Arresto Menor

council wrote:
markvincent9 wrote:

Yung 2% tax withheld (generally for individual contractors) is done but the employee (or contractor) will have to file his income tax directly with the BIR, unlike a "regular" employee under what is called subsituted filing.

is there an assurance that those who only have 2% tax will file their income tax? And if they don't, are they consider tax evaders?

6Project Based Employee Question Empty Re: Project Based Employee Question Thu May 05, 2016 9:18 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

[quote="markvincent9"

is there an assurance that those who only have 2% tax will file their income tax? And if they don't, are they consider tax evaders?[/quote]

No assurance of anything.

Yes, those who do not file the correct tax are considered evaders.

http://www.councilviews.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum