Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Property Acquired from Deceased Parent

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Property Acquired from Deceased Parent Empty Property Acquired from Deceased Parent Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:05 pm

mishel0720

Arresto Menor

Our house's land title is named after my late mother, she acquired the properly before she got married that’s why the name appears on the land title is her maiden name. She passed away on her 50’s and she wasn’t able to process the transfer of the land title to any of us in the family. We’re only two children and I’m the youngest, my brother got married 2 years ago, so do as my father who married again 5 years ago. I’m living alone in our house, though some of my brother’s stuff is still in there together with the rest of the extra stuff of his wife and child. My family is not in good terms dun sa napangasawa ng kapatid ko, due to this conflict my father and I agreed na huwag silang patirahin sa bahay to avoid future and worse problem that might arise. But, I think kaya din sila naglagay ng gamit sa bahay para if ever they can claim na dun din sila nakatira? Or para hindi maalisan ng right ung brother and ung family nya sa bahay? What are the legalities the we need to process para maayos ung sa ownership nung property? On another hand, my father opted na i-pangalan sakin ung land title. If that happens without my brother’s consent my possible legal charges bang pwedeng i-file ung brother ko against me? What are our rights on the property? Also, is it possible na hatiin ung property into 2 portion, one will be named after me and another one to my brother?

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

(My Tagalog is bad so a didn't understand a bit)
Were your parents married to each other?
If Yes, I'm not sure concerning your father's share, but I believe it's like this:
When your mother died, then your father got a bit more than half of the property
and you and your brother half each of the rest.

"is it possible na hatiin ung property into 2 portion, one will be named after me and another one to my brother?"
Possible but
cost extra for survey
and because of your conflict it's better one buy out the other.

3Property Acquired from Deceased Parent Empty Re: Property Acquired from Deceased Parent Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:27 am

mishel0720

Arresto Menor

i see. thanks Lunkan! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum