Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Property Acquired by a Parent Outside Marriage

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Aprilyn E. Barraquias

Arresto Menor

My mom was awarded with a land in 1986 in Pembo, Makati. Unfortunately she had used my father's surname even if they are not yet married. And now that they are separated  for years and my dad had married another woman and he died last January, how would that affect the property acquired by my mother? Does the legitimate family has the right to take a share with it? Please help. Thanks.

attyLLL

when did they actually get married? if it was after 03 august 1988, then it became conjugal property and your father's heirs have a right his share int eh property.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Aprilyn E. Barraquias

Arresto Menor

They were just lived in partners. They separated without getting married last 1989. And my father married another woman legally that same year. Are my parents co owners of the property because my mom had used my father's surname even without marriage? And does my step mom has the legal rights to claim the said property in whole? how can it be conjugal when it was my mom who took the initiative to look for and paid some of the expenses for the said property?

Aprilyn E. Barraquias

Arresto Menor

And one more thing po, my family had been away in the said property for quite long. And when we returned and started living again to the said property, my Dad had built some additions to the old house (we are currently staying) and and had it rented with 3 different families before he died. Since my return I have talked to the tenants that they should give me their monthly rental fee instead of giving it to my step mom because in my opinion she does not have the right to do so? Am I right? Or should I just asked them to leave to avoid the conflicts because they do not want to give their monthly rent to me or to my mom.

attyLLL

they were never married so your father has no rights over the lot.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum