Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Resignation letter

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My Resignation letter  Empty My Resignation letter Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:23 pm

potchipolo

Arresto Menor

Hi Good Day!

I would like to ask from your legal opinion about my resignation.

I was tendered my resignation in my company a month before it was took effect as mandate by our labor code, but my boss refuse to accept my resignation for the reason only known to him. With that I also submitted the same resignation to our H.R officer and COO informing them that I am resigning their company.

My question is do my boss can refuse my resignation? DO I have any liability because as of now I am no longer reporting to the office because my resignation is already took effect as stipulated in my letter?

Thank you for your answers.

Maven

Last edited by potchipolo on Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : lacking of some words)

2My Resignation letter  Empty Re: My Resignation letter Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:11 pm

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

potchipolo wrote:Hi Good Day!

I was tendered my resignation in my company a month before it was took effect as mandate by our labor code, but my boss refuse to accept my resignation for the reason only known to him. With that I also submitted the same resignation to our H.R officer and COO informing them that I am resigning their company.

My question is do my boss can refuse my resignation? DO I have any liability because as of now I am no longer reporting to the office because my resignation is already took effect as stipulated in my letter?

NO, your boss cannot refuse to sign your resignation letter without any valid reason.

As long as you have completed your clearance and eventually be cleared, you have no liabilities.

NOTE: Keep a copy of your resignation letter. Have that signed and noted 'received' by your superior or HR. A 'received' letter, even though not 'approved', is an evidence which you can use in your favor if you initiate a DOLE complaint in the future.

Last edited by HrDude on Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total

3My Resignation letter  Empty Re: My Resignation letter Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:15 pm

potchipolo

Arresto Menor

Thank you HrDude,

Follow query, Is there any reason(s) that my company can hold or refuse my resignation?

4My Resignation letter  Empty Re: My Resignation letter Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:37 am

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

There are many reasons an employer may TEMPORARILY hold or refuse resignation letters. However, employers cannot ABSOLUTELY reject resignation letters as employee resignations cannot be legally rejected.

To do so would be tantamount to compelling an employee to work against his will. That would be, in effect, an involuntary servitude, which is not only illegal but is, in fact, explicitly prohibited by no less than the Constitution of the Philippines. Not even the president of the Philippines can compel you to work against your will.

5My Resignation letter  Empty Re: My Resignation letter Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:35 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

potchipolo wrote:Hi Good Day!

I would like to ask from your legal opinion about my resignation.

Thank you for your answers.

Maven

Check your company policy regarding resignations. Their policy may require more than 30 days notice.

http://www.councilviews.com

6My Resignation letter  Empty Re: My Resignation letter Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:04 pm

markliam

Arresto Menor

what if the hr superior does not want to sign my receiving copy? what should i do?

7My Resignation letter  Empty Re: My Resignation letter Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:05 pm

markliam

Arresto Menor

what if the hr superior or boss or ceo does not want to sign my receiving copy? what should i do?

8My Resignation letter  Empty Re: My Resignation letter Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:05 pm

rcoliveros

Arresto Menor

Good day.

I just served my resignation and it includes a notarized promissory note stating that I will pay my unliquidated cash advances in monthly terms. My question is can my employer reject my resignation due to my unliquidated cash advances even if I made a promissory note that I will settle on monthly basis until full amount is paid? can they file a case against me? Again I made notarized promissory note to assure them tha I am very much willing to settle all my unliquidated cash advances.

Thank you in advance for your replies

9My Resignation letter  Empty Re: My Resignation letter Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:48 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

rcoliveros wrote:Good day.

I just served my resignation and it includes a notarized promissory note stating that I will pay my unliquidated cash advances in monthly terms.  My question is can my employer reject my resignation due to my unliquidated cash advances even if I made a promissory note that I will settle on monthly basis until full amount is paid? can they file a case against me? Again I made notarized promissory note to assure them tha I am very much willing to settle all my unliquidated cash advances.

Thank you in advance for your replies

They can reject the PN unless they asked you for it.

http://www.councilviews.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum