Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Drinking Liquor during work hours

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Drinking Liquor during work hours Empty Drinking Liquor during work hours Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:59 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Scenario:

A bottle of vodka was found in a box near the desk of an employee. It was 3/4 empty already.

A review of the CCTV showed that 4 employees were drinking in the same area with the a similar-looking box seen in the screen.

They were seen drinking from one glass but after some time the bottle/box was already out of camera range and what could be seen after is a litre bottle of orange juice being poured and shared.

The company policy states that drinking intoxicating drinks during work hours in the work area is punishable by termination.

The employees were given notices to explain and they said that it was not actually vodka they were drinking but cold water only and that they shared a glass because it was the only one available.

Would circumstantial evidence be enough to warrant sanctioning them? What other evidence could be used?

http://www.councilviews.com

2Drinking Liquor during work hours Empty Re: Drinking Liquor during work hours Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:22 am

attyLLL

to my mind, you don't have the substantial evidence required to warrant termination. if this became a case at nlrc, i'd say it would be iffy.

i'd recommend finding some other provision in the handbook to punish them with like loafing.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum