Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

does 3 months contractual plus 3 months probationary make me a regular employee?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

warredrav

Arresto Menor

I was employed by a company for a 3-month contract job and when my contract was about to expire, I was hired (or rehired?) as a probationary employee that's supposed to last for 6 months before I qualify as a a regular employee. but, will my 3 mos stay as probationary be considered to convert my status as a regular employee?

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

If your first contract entails you as a contractual employee, then it does not add up to the 6-month current contract that you are in right now.

A contractual employee's tenure, as the Labor Code provides, depends upon the period agreed upon by the parties. That is a separate and distinct contract that acts on its own, unless there are specific terms that were agreed upon in the 2nd (current) contract that is connected with your previous contractual job.

In sum, if the job is not the same as that of the first one, then it is safe to say that your current contract is unrelated to your previous contractual job and the periods won't be diminished to your advantage.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum