Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Appointment Letter (probationary / regular employee)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dabi

Arresto Menor

May I know when the company should give the appointment letter for both probationary and regular employees (I know it's before 6 months am I correct?).

Given:

Hiring date = April 13

1) Should I give the appointment letter for probationary on April 13 or can I give it 1day/1week/1month/etc after?
2) Should I give the appointment letter for regularization on Sept 12 or Sept 13? (given that I gave the appt letter for prob on Apr 13)

May I know the legal basis for this?

Thank you very much.

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

[quote="dabi"]May I know when the company should give the appointment letter for both probationary and regular employees (I know it's before 6 months am I correct?).

Given:

Hiring date = April 13

1) Should I give the appointment letter for probationary on April 13 or can I give it 1day/1week/1month/etc after?
2) Should I give the appointment letter for regularization on Sept 12 or Sept 13? (given that I gave the appt letter for prob on Apr 13)

May I know the legal basis for this?

1. The law is silent on the period of issuing an appointment letter. In my opinion, an employer should issue the letter along with the job contract. It is in this period where the employee would know the bounds of his employment.

2. Again, the law is silent on the matter. However, let me just remind you that in computing for periods, 1 month is equivalent to 30 days. So, if your probationary employment is for 5 months, it is equivalent to 150 days. Do the math.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum