Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Backing Out After Recieving Appointment Letter

+2
mikos23
babybear
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

babybear

Arresto Menor

I have recently "received and acknowledged" (signed) an appointment letter of a company. Kakainterview ko lang kanina, and I signed it but my name is not under the signature. I passed the interviews and exams but had a change of mind because honestly, the pay is very low. The training will begin sa second week of October. Can I back out kahit na I have already signed the appointment letter? Ang katwiran ko, hindi pa naman ako nagtraining eh at wala pang one day since nakapasa ako. I want to back out ASAP. Will I pay the damages? Please send me your e-mail so that you may fully assess my situation

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

1) you can back out
2) you can also be charged for damages

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

next time, wag basta pipirma kung hindi sigurado..

river03

Arresto Mayor

@baby bear

share ko lang din dito as per JADIS:

http://www.pinoylawyer.org/t36844-contract-effectivity-and-enforcement#151449

That is good. Let me give you some unsolicited advice

"Next time it pays to think things through before making a commitment. Flaking out at the last minute because a seemingly better opportunity came along will not reflect well on your credibility. You would not want to have that reputation."

babybear

Arresto Menor

What damages will I pay?

babybear

Arresto Menor

What damages will I pay? 'Di pa po nastart ang training. I have signed but technically it's just a letter

babybear

Arresto Menor

And to clarify, there's no better opportunity that came along. The starting salary is 10K and it's on a shifting schedule.

cc-m

Arresto Menor

babybear-

ok then, ipakita mo sa amin dito kung anong document na napirmahan mo. As you say, it is an appointment letter.

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

Regarding your question as to what damages may be charged against you, many people just don't realize this but companies incur so much expenses just to source for applicants (especially if the company is really searching for good ones, which, frankly speaking, are getting rare these days) and in recruiting for their vacancies. That's what. Hindi naman namin sinasabing talagang icha-charge sayo ang mga damages na yan, pero kung gugustuhin lang ng company, talagang pwede nilang gawin yun at singilin ka. The point is, meron kang contract na pinirmahan, and you are bound by that. Try mo to basahin, I hope it gives you a better idea as to the nature of contracts. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/contracts

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum