Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

PRE TERMINATION OF CONTRACT PRIOR COMMENCEMENT DATE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dexter.fajardo@ymail.com

Arresto Menor

Hi, Good Day to all. I would like to seek an advice/ issues of legality regarding Termination of Contract prior commencement date of Work.
I recently resigned from my previous work and Signed a contract to supposed to be a new employment opportunity last 5 February 2016. My Start date was supposed to be on 14 Mar 2016 but unfortunately they called a week before my start date and I was advised about the dismemberment, termination of contract because they do not need our service anymore. I reviewed the contract and one of the paragraph States " The company reserves the right to pre terminate this agreement by early completion of the project or any phase of the project to which you are assigned or when your services are no longer necessary."

My questions are.

1.) do we have applicable law here in the Philippines that will protect employees regarding unjust termination of contract? Most of the newly hired recently resigned form their previous work, so technically we are now jobless.

2.) Will the clause that I stated will protect the employer from the breech of contract?

2.) If there are any liabilities of the employers to the employees, what are those?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum