Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sue an employee for harassment & insubordination

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Lishechen

Arresto Menor

Hello. My mother owns a manufacturing factory that she inherited from my dad. 3 yrs ago, a "presko" employee of ours started trying to send me messages through my little cousin, telling me "Cute ka Ate", etc. I told him off, talked to my mother and his mother about it but they laughed it off. Prior this, a former driver of ours used to send me flirty messages also, "Ate, cute mo pag walang salamin." That driver was fired by my mum. Now, I usually would brush this off but these employees were very presko. For instance, even though there were rules & sanctions that was put forth about uniforms, the presko employee who is still working with us until today, would be topless & you will have to told him off about this. Also, he still makes me uncomfortable bec he is always papansin (being very loud, disrespectful, jokingly telling other employees "sige, mag-away lang kayo"). My mother justifies not firing him bec he is still useful; my retort is I do not feel safe in the factory, at the same time, he insubordinates my authority & as well as my mother at one time by not disclosing that our former driver was picking up a girl while they were delivering.

What sanctions can I do so that he will not get further employment or it will be difficult for him to find employment thereafter? On top of that, what type of case and how strong would it be if I file for harassment, ie., flirting? This has started 3 yrs already, would appreciate a good advise.

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

3 yrs na nangyayari pero ngayon lang gagawa ng action?

What does your company policy say about these situations?

http://www.councilviews.com

Lishechen

Arresto Menor

council wrote:3 yrs na nangyayari pero ngayon lang gagawa ng action?

What does your company policy say about these situations?

Lenient ang mother ko. I'd like to clarify that my mother inherited the business after separating from my father. She doesn't hold a college degree. There is no company policy instilled yet. Actually, now that I've newly graduated, it is in my to-do list to make an operations manual & company policy to help my mother.

What sanctions can be done to the employee? Thanks for the reply.

Last edited by Lishechen on Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Since there is no company policy then you can first start creating one then have it rolled out to all the employees.

Without that policy, you can at best go to the police to blotter the latest incident.

http://www.councilviews.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum