Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Home insurance claim, independent adjusters running circles around me.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mdejess

Arresto Menor

My two homes in Provident Village, Marikina City were destroyed by typhoon Ondoy on September 26, 2009.

It is now January 6, 2011.

And I am still working to get an equitable claim payment from the insurance company covering my two homes -- and not getting anywhere.

They were insured against fire, typhoon and flooding, and etc., with OXXXXXsurance Corp. at 3 millions each on the house and .5 million each on the contents.

Their sales agent was always the person handling everything for me and my wife, as regards the coverage and as regards the premiums to pay.

On filing the claim, the insurance company sent the claim to the "independent adjusters" firm of Pxxxxxxrnational Adjusters to determine the liability of the company.

The independent adjusters calculated 610,333.80 as the grand total payable by Orixxxxxx for both homes together, that means two houses and the contents of these two houses.

I consider the amount to be very unrealistic, too very low; but I can't do anything because I don't know anything about adjustment.

I read legal texts in the internet and learned that the Insurance Code of the Philippines also provides for "public adjusters" to help claimants, so that independent adjusters who are assisting insurance companies will not take advantage of claimants.

But the sad fact is that there are no public adjusters in the country (except two but they are into marine insurance claims), because -- and I blame the Insurance Commission -- this government office never had any imagination on how to bring applicants for adjusters to take up public adjusters work, for left to themselves all applicants want to be licensed to work as independent adjusters.

Question #1: Should I bring the topmost level of the Insurance Commission to the Office of the Ombudsman to explain why they have not made available to the insuring citizenry the availability of public adjusters?

Question #2: Should I file a complaint with the same Insurance Commission against the Pacific independdnt adjusters on the provision of the Insurance Code of the Philippines:

Title V, Sec. 330. The Commissioner may suspend or revoke any adjuster's license if, after giving notice and hearing to the adjuster concerned, the Commissioner finds that the said adjuster:

[...]

(5) has made patently unjust valuation of loss; or

[...]

Question #3: To date I have not accepted the payment arrived at by the Pacific independent adjusters, what can and must I do in order to get Oriental and their adjusters to increase the payment to me to as much as 3 millions for all the losses, because that is what some people experienced and knowledgeable about home insurance claims adjustment are telling me.

Please help anyone!

Mdejess

attyLLL

I'm afraid one of the companies you mentioned represents a conflict of interest for me. perhaps one of the other lawyers here can comment.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum