Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lazy sales manager

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lazy sales manager Empty Lazy sales manager Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:12 pm

denniskim

Arresto Menor

I'm a HR/General manager of my company.
We have 1 sales manager and he is the only 1 in sales dept.
He worked already 1 year but until now he didn't have any sales or any contract.
His salary is 60,000 pesos a month. But he doesn't do anything for company profit. We lose 60,000 pesos every month because of him. He is always doing web surfing and he is saying that it's for his work. He never go out or call for sales for making new client.
Until now we spent almost 700,000 pesos for his salary but company didn't get any profit from him.
But he didn't commit any violation in company rule.
We really want to fire him.
What can we do?
If we fire him because of no sales, is it illegal?
Is there any way to fire him legally?
Please advise me.
Thank you.

2Lazy sales manager Empty Re: Lazy sales manager Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:41 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Are there any performance guidelines for this position?

What is expected of his work?

http://www.councilviews.com

3Lazy sales manager Empty No guidelines. Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:02 pm

denniskim

Arresto Menor

council wrote:Are there any performance guidelines for this position?

We don't have any performance guidelines.
My company is a BPO company like call center. Our work is customer service for clients.
We expected him to make contracts with clients who want to have customer service outsourcing.

4Lazy sales manager Empty Re: Lazy sales manager Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:50 am

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

denniskim wrote:

My company is a BPO company like call center. Our work is customer service for clients.
We expected him to make contracts with clients who want to have customer service outsourcing.

A Sales Manager is considered as a 'Numbers' employee. Meaning, he is required to produce a 'number' of sales or, in his case, contracts.

Since you do not have any guidelines on performance, I suggest you make one the soonest. Formulate a policy that would require 'number' employees, be it manager or rank and file, to have a monthly quota. That way, they are 'forced' to reach such quota. And failure to meet this quota for 3 consecutive months will necessitate you, as employer, to terminate an employee based on this policy. This, however, still does not warrant the employer to trample on the basic rights of the employee. Due process must still be observed.

Such is legal under the Labor Code. Failure to meet sales quotas is considered as Neglect of Duty which is a ground for Termination.

Feel free to give me a private message for any verifications.

5Lazy sales manager Empty Re: Lazy sales manager Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:33 am

ronjamialuke13

Arresto Menor

HrDude wrote:
denniskim wrote:

A Sales Manager is considered as a 'Numbers' employee. Meaning, he is required to produce a 'number' of sales or, in his case, contracts.

Since you do not have any guidelines on performance, I suggest you make one the soonest. Formulate a policy that would require 'number' employees, be it manager or rank and file, to have a monthly quota. That way, they are 'forced' to reach such quota. And failure to meet this quota for 3 consecutive months will necessitate you, as employer, to terminate an employee based on this policy. This, however, still does not warrant the employer to trample on the basic rights of the employee. Due process must still be observed.

Such is legal under the Labor Code. Failure to meet sales quotas is considered as Neglect of Duty which is a ground for Termination.

Feel free to give me a private message for any verifications.

+1 to this. I suggest you review your COC/Policies and somehow make it aggressive. Amend your policies ASAP so you can tap your "lazy sales" manager. As of now the only thing you can do is talk to him nicely.

Remember the rule in HR: "Always back it up" otherwise it's going to be a different story. Also, if you have created such policy, observe due process.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum