Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tax Exemption PROS and CONS

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tax Exemption PROS and CONS Empty Tax Exemption PROS and CONS Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:53 pm

jtruaza

Arresto Menor

Good day! First I would like to apologize for posting the topic here in OTHERS for I do not know where to post my concern.

Regarding my concern, I would like to start with my monthly income (gross) of 20k. Since it is above minimum wage, my income is taxable. This 2016, my employer proposed (with consultation with CPA) that all employees should will be earning minimum wage (for me, it's 7.5k per month) and the remaining (12.5k) salary from my original monthly salary will be distributed to other allowances like transportation, meal, load, etc.

Well, the good thing is that I will be exempted of tax required by the law but I have an uncomfortable feeling that there will be a problem in the future with this system. Anyone can help me and enlighten me about the pros and cons of this system? Thank you very much

2Tax Exemption PROS and CONS Empty Re: Tax Exemption PROS and CONS Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:52 am

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi,

Yes, the advantage is that you will be exempt from tax.

The disadvantage will be on your retirement benefits (in case you stay with the company until your retirement) and separation pay (in case you resign from your work). The amount you will receive for these will be much lower than it should be if you are receiving 20k for your salary.

Furthermore, if you resign and transfer to another company, the basis for your offer of salary will be affected by the salary you are receiving from your previous employer.

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

3Tax Exemption PROS and CONS Empty Re: Tax Exemption PROS and CONS Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:51 pm

jtruaza

Arresto Menor

Katrina288 wrote:Hi,

Yes, the advantage is that you will be exempt from tax.

The disadvantage will be on your retirement benefits (in case you stay with the company until your retirement) and separation pay (in case you resign from your work). The amount you will receive for these will be much lower than it should be if you are receiving 20k for your salary.

Furthermore, if you resign and transfer to another company, the basis for your offer of salary will be affected by the salary you are receiving from your previous employer.

Thank you for your response. This will help me defend my case and others if my employer still pursue the new system. I was also notified that my mandatory benefits will also be affected of the new payroll system.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum