Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Joint Venture VS Partnership: What are the pros and cons of each? Which is better?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

CodyDeegan

Arresto Menor

Joint Venture VS Partnership: What are the pros and cons of each? Which is better? I hope somebody answers this question because my friend and I are deciding on what to do.

http://carpolaw.com/

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Someone else can answer better than I
but IF I have understood corect:
/In Partnerships each one can be demanded to pay if the PARTNER mess up Mad
/while JV is between DIFFERENT juridical "persons" (e g a sole P or a company) who have agreed to COOPERATE doing some business. Normaly having contracts which define who do what, are responcible for what and how to split the result, which can be both a profit or a loss Smile A disadvantage with JV is there will be more than one, which need OWN registrations, OWN permits, OWN acounting...

I surely DON'T like Partnerships, because of being responcible if the partner decide something realy stupid OR do a scam/theft... (PERHAPS there can be exceptions e g between SIBBLINGS, who have natural rules who do what. BUT NOT with a FRIEND. Partnership business partners are often friends - BEFORE they start the business Smile - but in rather many cases they end up as enemies...
Better having a business form where only ONE are responsible fully and SAME person is the only one who are allowed to sign contracts with OTHERS. Then the other have problem to make HUGE mess for the responsible Smile They can still be "partners" but at an other level, and can have contracts BETWEEN THEMSELVES. Then the not responcible have less power, but can't lose more than he has invested. (I have used such solitions several times with different business partners. But look up so you don't make an agreement where SAME profit will be taxed TWICE.)

CodyDeegan

Arresto Menor

Thank you for responding sir. I had some thoughts about this endeavor that we are going to have with consideration to your opinion. Am I being too trusting towards my friend? Because aside from the fact that he is a very dear friend of mine, I know that he is capable in terms of business, but at the same time I wanna make sure that I won't lose here if the unfortunate things that you have cited above were to happen. That's why I had the question in the first place.

http://carpolaw.com/

gvaetax

gvaetax
Arresto Menor

comments

Last edited by gvaetax on Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : comments)

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

CodyDeegan wrote: Am I being too trusting towards my friend? Because aside from the fact that he is a very dear friend of mine, I know that he is capable in terms of business, but at the same time I wanna make sure that I won't lose here if the unfortunate things that you have cited above were to happen. That's why I had the question in the first place.  
Why trust any friend MORE than necesary? Smile
If you have one business EACH and your businesses COOPERATE, then you both can benefit or mess up Smile what you cooperate about,
BUT you are NOT responcible for each other's debt's.

A disadvantage though is you need more than one acounting.

BUT - you didn't tell which business - but IF it fulfill the demands BOTH of you can be counted as owner to one BMBE company each, which can be much benificiary. If you don't know, check with the municipaly/baranggay office if they find it being BMBE.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum