Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Salary Dispute - underpaid for 2 years

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Salary Dispute - underpaid for 2 years Empty Salary Dispute - underpaid for 2 years Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:32 am

Mr.BPO

Arresto Menor

Hello,

I am working for a BPO company in Quezon Citu for three years now. There are 4 levels that you need to complete as a BPO agent in my company. While on training (first six months), i was a level 1 agent. Upon regularization, I was promoted to a level 2 agent, increasing your level means increasing your salary too. It is a promotion. After a year working for the company, they told me that my performance was good and that I passed the requirement to be a level 4 agent. I skipped level 3, but noticed that the increase in my salary is the same as compared to an agent who is promoted to level 3. I asked my Team Leader at that time and she said "Ganun Talaga", so I shrugged it off thinking that it really is "ganun talaga".

2 weeks ago, the same Team Leader informed me that I was promoted to Level 4. I got confused cause I know that I was already a level 4 agent. She said that she received an email regarding my promotion to level 4 since November 1, 2015, she explained to me that if I will be a level 4 agent, there should be an increase in my basic salary, twice the increase as compared to when I was promoted from level 2 to level 4 . I told her that I am already a level 4 agent since 2013. I urged her to confirm the matter to our HRD. The HR told her that they cannot trace the records anymore because they upgraded the system, they cannot give me back the additional increase in my salary.

In my company, if you are promoted to level 3 from level 2, the increase in your salary is approx 1500 per month... Another 1500 will be added if you are promoted from level 3 to level 4. So, in my case since I was promoted to level 4 from level 2, my basic salary should have a 3000 increase every month. But, when I was informed that I was a level 4 agent in 2013,.there was only 1500 increase in my salary. I want to claim my underpayment so I went to HRD. Now, when I talked to HRD today, they told me that I cannot claim the additional payment anymore because I am already resigning. I told them that the miscalculation of my payment happened 2 years ago so I think I am still entitled to claim my underpayment. They told me that they will not pay it back.

Please note that all incentives, bonuses, leave conversion and 13th month pay are based on your monthly salary.

My question is, can we first send them a demand letter? Does the demand letter needs to be notarized or something?

If we pursue the case in a small claims court, do we have a chance of winning?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum