Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

IT IS RIGHT TO CLAIM A SEPARATION PAY ?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1IT IS RIGHT TO CLAIM A SEPARATION PAY ? Empty IT IS RIGHT TO CLAIM A SEPARATION PAY ? Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:12 pm

cambayas

Arresto Menor

Our Company has temporarily shutdown its operation but instead of implementing redundancy the management implemented the rotation of works of all workers and continued receiving salaries, but recently we learned that the company has a new investor partner and will be the one who will manage the operations and some top management position will be taken by the new partner..My question 1.) Do we have a right to claim first the separation pay based on our lenght of service before the partnership, if we can claim.) How much can we claim? is this base on Article 297-298 (formerly article 283-284) of Labor code of the Philippines?3.) Do we have a right to make a letter of request to compensate first our lenght of service to the management? 4.) If the company pay us do we have a right to be reinstated to our former work or position by a new management?

2IT IS RIGHT TO CLAIM A SEPARATION PAY ? Empty ART. 279 Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:55 pm

JohnLiyo

Arresto Menor

ART. 279. Security of tenure. - In cases of regular employment, the employer shall not terminate the services of an employee except for a just cause or when authorized by this Title. An employee who is unjustly dismissed from work shall be entitled to reinstatement without loss of seniority rights and other privileges and to his full backwages, inclusive of allowances, and to his other benefits or their monetary equivalent computed from the time his compensation was withheld from him up to the time of his actual reinstatement. (As amended by Section 34, Republic Act No. 6715, March 21, 1989).

(C)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum