Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Separation Pay and Quit Claim

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Separation Pay and Quit Claim Empty Separation Pay and Quit Claim Mon May 02, 2011 3:23 pm

badsaintz

Arresto Menor

good day to all, i would just like to know if i was given the legal amount for my separation pay
i was a teacher for seven (7) years in a private school and just recently i tried to negotiating for an increase and since they think i was asking too much they replaced me with two (2) new faculty member.
eventually i was push to an early retirement/termination nonetheless its okay but my query is,
is Php 10, 000.00 Legal Amount for my 7 years of service with a monthly salary of Php 7, 200.00?
i would also just like to add that they ask me to sign a quit claim? which i did!
can you please shed more light to the case... thanks

2Separation Pay and Quit Claim Empty Re: Separation Pay and Quit Claim Mon May 02, 2011 6:12 pm

attyLLL

it isn't just the number of years. please check this discussion and see the basis for being a full time teacher and becoming regular: http://www.pinoylawyer.org/t2753-illegal-dismissal

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Separation Pay and Quit Claim Empty Re: Separation Pay and Quit Claim Mon May 02, 2011 6:46 pm

badsaintz

Arresto Menor

after reading entries from the link provided

Section 45. Full-time and Part-time Faculty….

Full-time academic personnel are those meeting all the following requirements:

a. Who possess at least the minimum academic qualifications prescribed by the Department under this Manual for all academic personnel;

i'm a thesis away from completing my MSIT

b. Who are paid monthly or hourly, based on the regular teaching loads as provided for in the policies, rules and standards of the Department and the school;

i have more than the allowed (maximum) teaching load of CHED

c. Whose total working day of not more than eight hours a day is devoted to the school;

Yes, sometimes even more

d. Who have no other remunerative occupation elsewhere requiring regular hours of work that will conflict with the working hours in the school; and

No, i don't have one

e. Who are not teaching full-time in any other educational institution.

No, i don't teach elsewhere

All teaching personnel who do not meet the foregoing qualifications are considered part-time. (Emphasis supplied.)

with these information, is the amount given to me fair/Legal?

i'm not trying to break the wall of my former institution, all i want is to get what the law says fair and legal.

i have devoted so much time for the school, won competitions both academic and sports, received awards from both my institution and the community i think thats more than satisfactory for me Embarassed

4Separation Pay and Quit Claim Empty Re: Separation Pay and Quit Claim Thu May 05, 2011 3:27 pm

attyLLL

In that case, you ca n file a complaint at the nlrc for a money claim. why did you agree to accept only P10,000?

5Separation Pay and Quit Claim Empty Re: Separation Pay and Quit Claim Fri May 06, 2011 1:14 pm

badsaintz

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:In that case, you can file a complaint at the nlrc for a money claim. why did you agree to accept only P10,000?

honestly atty i don't know why! maybe i was not attending to what i'm doing. silly me, it took me a day after to realized what just happen.

I'm planning to meet next monday the admin/owner of my former school to say goodbay and inform them of what transpired (they are Chinese) they might not know what happen. they even ask me not to leave their school during our graduation rites. that's why i'm a bit surprised that i was replaced by the our college dean.

one more thing sir, i was not informed nor given a notice of termination. thank you on your reply.
do you think it would be a wised move atty? i really would like to protect the institution name.

6Separation Pay and Quit Claim Empty Re: Separation Pay and Quit Claim Fri May 06, 2011 9:22 pm

attyLLL

i believe on paper, what will appear is that you voluntary accepted a retirement package. how was this early retirement/termination done to you?

talk to the owners, but if they don't give you a solution, your remedy is to file a complaint at nlrc. your argument is that a waiver cannot effectively bar you from receiving what you are legally entitled to.

7Separation Pay and Quit Claim Empty Re: Separation Pay and Quit Claim Mon May 09, 2011 11:13 pm

badsaintz

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:i believe on paper, what will appear is that you voluntary accepted a retirement package. how was this early retirement/termination done to you?

talk to the owners, but if they don't give you a solution, your remedy is to file a complaint at nlrc. your argument is that a waiver cannot effectively bar you from receiving what you are legally entitled to.

thank you again attyLLL, just this afternoon i tried to meet with my former bosses but due to typhoon bebeng the meeting was postponed on another date (i hope soon) but my former Dean wanted to talk to me luckily an insider tipped me that all he wanted was to threaten (me) not to file any case since i already sign a quit claim glad i did not go.

thinking of filling a complaint really dampens ones lively and stress free life but thanks to all the individuals (professionals or not) like you it really helps us/someone seeking advice with somebody in authority Very Happy

8Separation Pay and Quit Claim Empty Re: Separation Pay and Quit Claim Fri May 20, 2011 10:35 am

badsaintz

Arresto Menor

good day attyLLL just a few days ago i had a meeting wiht the owners/admin and since they are fil-chinese they ask me to wait until the 28th of this month so they can ask/talk it out among themselves and hopegfully it will result positively
i'll keep you posted thanks Very Happy

9Separation Pay and Quit Claim Empty Re: Separation Pay and Quit Claim Fri May 20, 2011 9:06 pm

attyLLL

badsaintz, it may be a good idea if you come up with your own computation for your last pay. good luck.

10Separation Pay and Quit Claim Empty Re: Separation Pay and Quit Claim Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:38 pm

badsaintz

Arresto Menor

attyLLL just to inform you after three meetings they finally gave in to my request but i did not opt to return to my former position/job it will only cause more problem to me and for the school....

thank you for the advice, this wont be the last Very Happy

11Separation Pay and Quit Claim Empty Re: Separation Pay and Quit Claim Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:34 pm

attyLLL

good for you for fighting to enforce you rights.

12Separation Pay and Quit Claim Empty Unremitted Taxes Withheld on Allowance Tue May 16, 2017 4:10 pm

BabyGlen2529

Arresto Menor

Good day, I would like to seek legal advice. I currently filed a case at NLRC to get proof of payment on taxes withheld on my undeclare allowance for 9 years. My allowance was deducted approx to 4k per month and it was not remitted to BIR. Allowance are directly deposited on my payroll account every end of the month without payslip. Now I resign and already got my final pay and separation pay but with lacking of 40k. I already signed a quit claim for final pay amounting to 57k but the vouchers are 157k because of the separation pay wich is the 50% per year for 9 years are not included on my quitclaim because the owner says that it is confidential the 100k declares as consultancy contract. Now I am asking for a taxes withheld on allowance proof of payment but they ignore me, do i have a chance to get the receipt or do i have a chance to get the unremitted taxed withheld after i signed the quit claim?

Moomook

Arresto Menor

Good Day!

Nag-resign po ako last December 2017. Makatarungan po ba if natanggap ko lang na quitclaim sa previous employer ko is 300.00 lang for 8 years ng aking pagtatrabaho? Pinapirma ako ng Quitclaim at check voucher worth 300.00 na wala man lang summary or details kung bakit ganun lang kaliit ng natanggap ko?

Hoping for your favorable response. Maraming Salamat.

Sumasainyo,

Moomook

14Separation Pay and Quit Claim Empty Re: Separation Pay and Quit Claim Thu May 25, 2017 9:13 pm

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

Moomook wrote:Good Day!

Nag-resign po ako last December 2017. Makatarungan po ba if natanggap ko lang na quitclaim sa previous employer ko is 300.00 lang for 8 years ng aking pagtatrabaho? Pinapirma ako ng Quitclaim at check voucher worth 300.00 na wala man lang summary or details kung bakit ganun lang kaliit ng natanggap ko?

Hoping for your favorable response. Maraming Salamat.

Sumasainyo,

Moomook

What were you expecting? Have the payments for your salaries and benefits been up to date until the day that you resigned? If so, you might not be entitled to more.

Employees who resign are not entitled to separation pay, unless there is a stipulation in your employment contract that says so.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum