Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can I file a harrasment case against my employer and his wife?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

charm84

Arresto Menor

Hello.
I have been working in a company for over a year now.
Recently, the company had financial troubles so we let go of some employees. My employer told me that although he won't be letting me go, I have to change my job to a home based one with only an allowance until the company can get better financially. I decided to look for another job. However, I found out that the real reason I'm being demoted is because my employer's wife doesn't like me working in the company and has since given her husband an ultimatum. This has stressed me greatly and affected my health, and made working unbearable that I have become demoralized. I haven't resigned yet, and we're in talks regarding the terms of my home based employment. I am still in full time contract with them and I think they are breaching my contract by changing my employment status and lowering my salary. Do I have a viable case against them with DOLE? And can I file a harrassment case or unjust vexation against my employer and his wife? Thank you in advance.

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua

Yes. you have a viable case involving employment. But no valid separate criminal or civil action against the employer or his wife at most, you may ask for damages in labor case for abussive conduct of your employer.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum