Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

File a case against wife

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1File a case against wife Empty File a case against wife Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:29 am

Mrs. Doubtfire

Arresto Menor

Hello. Please help... Can a husband file a case against a wife who:

1. The wife together with her family arranged to Have a shotgun wedding (pikot) with poloceman present in the wedding and husband was still under age at the time of wedding.
2. Fallsified information (changed dates, spelling and places) in marriage certificate.
3. No parents consent about the wedding.

Can husband file a case against her considering her taking advantage of the situation.

Thank you.

2File a case against wife Empty Re: File a case against wife Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:33 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

1. yes it can a be a ground to void the marriage (has to happen through court).
2. possible but hard to tell without all details. this can be discussed with his lawyer.
3. depends on how old was he at the time of wedding.

3File a case against wife Empty Re: File a case against wife Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:56 pm

Mrs. Doubtfire

Arresto Menor

Thank you Xtianjames for the quick reply. You have given light on this issue.

4File a case against wife Empty Re: File a case against wife Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:04 pm

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

1. The surefire ground to get a declaration of nullity is to prove minority at the time of the marriage. Only persons of legal age can marry.

All the others you are talking about, force or intimidation, lack of parental consent - those grounds expire, and are totally irrelevant, impertinent and immaterial once you prove minority. They are time-bound and they are things that you have to prove depending on your witnesses.

2. As to the falsification - well, why did he not complain after? He was also a party to the provision of false material information so he likewise had the responsibility to tell the truth at the time.

5File a case against wife Empty Re: File a case against wife Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:37 pm

Mrs. Doubtfire

Arresto Menor

Jadis, that is a very clear explanation. I really appreciate too. He was only 19 yrs old and the marriage took place in 1994. They added some yrs to his age to make it appear he was of legal age.

At his age, he was scared and afraid... he knew nothing about the law and no one advised him To do the right thing. You kmow what I mean? So the marriage did not get to the point of annulment. The law is good, but I think it also make some things so complicated.

Thank you so much for the help.

6File a case against wife Empty Re: File a case against wife Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:42 am

BPecayo

Arresto Menor

KINDLY GIVE ME THE GROUNDS FOR THE TERMINATION OR REDUCTION OF CHILDREN SUPPORT. THANK YOU.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum