Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

no 13th month for more than 10 years

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1no 13th month for more than 10 years Empty no 13th month for more than 10 years Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:51 pm

jo_mimmy

Arresto Menor

Hi,
I have been employed in my present company for almot 14 years.
we are paid on a per piece basis.
we never had any 13th month or leave benefits; however, we have been researching and have found out that we are entitled to 13th month pay.
if we talk to them and they comply, can we compel them to give us out previous 13th month pays? like for me, can i have retro of 13 years?

2no 13th month for more than 10 years Empty Re: no 13th month for more than 10 years Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:41 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

if at all you are entitled to the 13th month pay, you may be able to claim only the last 3 years, since money claims prescribe after 3 years.

http://www.councilviews.com

3no 13th month for more than 10 years Empty Re: no 13th month for more than 10 years Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:54 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

You may want to seek the help of a DOLE officer or a Public Attorney, so that the proper cases can be filed. Moral and exemplary damages may be filed as an additional claim that are separate from the money claim regarding unpaid 13th month salaries.

4no 13th month for more than 10 years Empty Re: no 13th month for more than 10 years Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:03 pm

jo_mimmy

Arresto Menor

thank you.
we are thinking about that already beacuse it seems they will give the 13th month but not with the correct computation.
we dont have a basic salary because we are paid on a per piece basis and there are times that they would let us work from home. they are planning to give the 13th month based only on our work inhouse (meaning jobs we have done at the office)
we do not have sick leaves or vacation leaves also.

5no 13th month for more than 10 years Empty Re: no 13th month for more than 10 years Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:53 am

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

DOLE has representatives that can aid you in determining how to compute the 13th month pay. Remember, 13th month pay cannot be waived, unless the employer gives a higher amount than what is prescribed in the Labor Code.

If there are employment contracts, keep them and show it to the DOLE rep so that they can determine what type of employment you have with your employer. It will also serve as evidence regarding the existence of an employee-employer relationship, which is crucial in any labor-related case.

Sick leaves and vacation leaves, however, are dependent on the employer if he will provide his employees with such. There is nothing in the Labor Code that requires an employer to provide such leaves for his employees. Alternatively, you may ask the DOLE rep if there are other leaves under the Labor Code that you are entitled to have, like Service Incentive Leave and such.

Good luck in your current situation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum