Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unlawful Contracts

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Unlawful Contracts  Empty Unlawful Contracts Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:14 pm

jobung05

Arresto Menor

Is it legal to enforce a contract which has been "modified" from the original form  prescribed under an Executive Order?

And where the provisions will cause financial gain for the government at the expense of a private individual.

2Unlawful Contracts  Empty Re: Unlawful Contracts Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:51 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Using the general rule of contracts under our civil code, I do not think any modifications in a previously-valid contract will be allowed if not without the consent of both parties, even if the party is the PH government. It is well-settled that consent of both parties are needed if there is a need to change the terms and conditions of a contract, since the law prohibits unjust enrichment of any one party that seeks to one-up the other.

Just to be sure, you can always ask for free legal advice in the Public Attorney's Office.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum