Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wrong gender in the Birth certificate

+6
babygirl12
Jackie Isip
gemyka
attyLLL
ednaearl
jon
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wrong gender in the Birth certificate Empty Wrong gender in the Birth certificate Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:26 am

jon

Arresto Menor

We need an advice of everyone. We are planning to get married next year but we have a problem. What is written in the birth certificate of my girlfriend is male. It shoud be female. What do we need to do to solve the problem. I heard from other friend of mine that we will spend 40 to 50 thousand for the court proceedings. I have really no idea. please help us.

Yours truly,
Jon

jon

Arresto Menor

help us please.

3Wrong gender in the Birth certificate Empty Re: Wrong gender in the Birth certificate Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:03 pm

ednaearl

Arresto Menor

your girlfriend needs a judicial order to have her gender changed. the steps are not that hard. the first step is for her to file a petition in court through a lawyer. the amount that she will be spending will depend on her agreement with her lawyer. other steps involved are publication, checking for the reply of the solicitor general, court hearing. she has to present herself in court and needs to prepare documents that will prove she is a "female".

once your girlfriend has gotten herself a lawyer, she can discuss the other fees and steps involved in the process.

hope these things have somehow given you an idea on what to do. Very Happy

4Wrong gender in the Birth certificate Empty Re: Wrong gender in the Birth certificate Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:57 pm

attyLLL

jon, try to first get a marriage license regardless of the problem on the birth certificate. the registrar may still allow it if you try to insist.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5Wrong gender in the Birth certificate Empty Re: Wrong gender in the Birth certificate Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:36 pm

gemyka

Arresto Menor

hello...ask ko po sana ung anak kong lalaki,sa birth centificate nya sa municipality namin correct ang gemder nya pero pagkuha ko po sa NSO birth centificate nya naging female na sana male,ano po kayang maaari namin gawin at sino po ang may pananagutan sa kaso namin na to?.

6Wrong gender in the Birth certificate Empty Re: Wrong gender in the Birth certificate Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:27 pm

attyLLL

you have to file a case in court to correct the error.

gemyka

Arresto Menor

to atty,
san po kaya kami pedeng magpatulong para maayos ung case namin about sa gender ng anak ko?matagal po ba ang proseso nun?

attyLLL

you have to get a lawyer. if you can't afford one, seek legal assistance at the pao, ibp or law school

Jackie Isip

Arresto Menor

Hi. Anyone of you who experience the same problem on gender and marriage? Thanks!

10Wrong gender in the Birth certificate Empty Re: Wrong gender in the Birth certificate Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:10 pm

babygirl12

Arresto Menor

i had this problem since i started magaral ... i have a twin ... we're illigitimate child and ngkapalit ang gender nmen ng twin ko ... 28 y/o nko indi prin naaayos problem nmen :'( girl ako pero boy ang gender sa birth certificate at wala pa kiming record sa NSO ... hope to advice me ...

thanks muCh

11Wrong gender in the Birth certificate Empty Gender Error Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:46 pm

kristin_babu

Arresto Menor

Please help me what to do, ang Bith Certificate nang anak ko ay male, but she's a girl. Ang pag kakaalam ko kung saan ka pinanganak doon ka mag file nang petition. But last 2010 nag ask ako nag advice sa isang lawyer, sabi daw niya pwede daw i file kahit hindi doon sa lugar kung saan ko siya pinanganak. So nag agree na kami na i file yung petition sa Butuan instead sa Cagayan kasi sabi nang lawyer pwede. Almost 2 years na wala pa ring resulta yung pag file namin nang petition. I already pay her Ph15,000. ano ba dapat kong gawin? makukuha ko pa ba ang binayad ko? Kasi plano ko na i file na lang ang petition kung saan ko siya ipinanganak.

Waiting for your advice,

Kristin
Cagayan de Oro City Mad

12Wrong gender in the Birth certificate Empty Re: Wrong gender in the Birth certificate Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:58 pm

mhaiabad29

Arresto Menor

I just want to ask if the news is true that the President ordered that the correction for gender can now be changed by the local Civil registrar? Is this effective immmediately? We were already gave 10k to the attorney as downpayment for this correction b4 we heard the news.. Please Help.. If this is true, can we widraw the money we gave to the attorney? Help pls

13Wrong gender in the Birth certificate Empty Re: Wrong gender in the Birth certificate Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:13 pm

iamjolliness

Arresto Menor

Hi,Atty. nabasa ko ung amendment regarding r.a. 9048,ung r.a. 10172 tama na pwede ng magcorrect ang civil registry pero need mo pa rin ba mag papublish sa news paper regarding na correction? ung sakin kc sa gender ung prob...
e2 ung link nung amendment
http://www.senate.gov.ph/lis/bill_res.aspx?congress=15&q=SBN-3113

Thanks! and more power

14Wrong gender in the Birth certificate Empty Re: Wrong gender in the Birth certificate Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:30 pm

marivic

Arresto Menor

nagpunta po ako sa local civil registrar dito sa natividad,pangasinan last friday asking the ra 10172 at wala pa daw pong memo galing sa taas.kelan at anu po kaya ang mga requirements na kailangan para maging MALE yung FEMALE na nakalagay sa birth certificate ng kapatid ko....malaki po kasi ang problem kasi yung mga anak nya nag aaral na at nagtataka mga teachers bakit female ang father nila..

Last edited by marivic on Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

15Wrong gender in the Birth certificate Empty Re: Wrong gender in the Birth certificate Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:34 pm

marivic

Arresto Menor

I love you
marivic wrote:nagpunta po ako sa local civil registrar dito sa natividad,pangasinan last friday asking the ra 10172 at wala pa daw pong memo galing sa taas.kelan at anu po kaya ang mga requirements na kailangan para maging MALE yung FEMALE na nakalagay sa birth certificate ng kapatid ko....malaki po kasi ang problem kasi yung mga anak nya nag aaral na at nagtataka mga teachers bakit female ang father nila..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum