Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Birthcert changes and other inquiry

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Birthcert changes and other inquiry Empty Birthcert changes and other inquiry Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:25 pm

sim4

Arresto Menor

Good Day Atty.,

Here is the scenario like most of Filipina today I have a daughter she is 3 y.o now, my ex was missing in action from the time I got pregnant to her, didn't acknowledged her I have notarized it before when I applied for single parent ID all the custody is on me. Now I have a fiancē he is an Indian national and he wants to be the father legally. Here are my questions.

1. We want to change her birth certificate from her name,middle name and surname. How we get through about it? follow up I mentioned the middle name in his country they use the father's name as middle name unlike in our country. Is it possible to do that here attorney? Is there an exemption in our law to make it possible? He said if my surname will appear on birthcert as our daughter's middle name he might be questioned in his country that apart on his surname his name is not use as middle name.We need everything proper for her future. We are prioritizing our daughter's documents before she starts to go to school and we also need it for applying for her passport.

2. Usually how long will it take for the the changes in the birthcert?

3. On a new birthcert upon approval is it possible that there will be no trace of adaption?

4. We have a dual citizenship. Is she entitled for that? And lastly Can I ask if she can have two passports? Philippine and Indian passport?

Thank you looking forward with your response to educate me and guidance.

Sincerely,

Sim

2 Birthcert changes and other inquiry Empty Re: Birthcert changes and other inquiry Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:58 pm

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

What you want to do is not possible... at least base on your statement.

Your story is not clear or there is something missing. Anyways, if want to change the name of you child, you have to do it thru adoption. but you can do that only if your are married to that Indian. Also you have to check their law in this regards. They have different culture and law when it comes to issue like this.

Good luck!

3 Birthcert changes and other inquiry Empty Re: Birthcert changes and other inquiry Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:56 pm

sim4

Arresto Menor

Thank you for the response..

Another inquiry some says the cheapest way is to submit a new birthcert then filed for the cancellation of the first one.. Can I do that sir? My fiancé's love towards my daughter is greater than blood.

4 Birthcert changes and other inquiry Empty Re: Birthcert changes and other inquiry Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:15 pm

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

sim4 wrote:Thank you for the response..

Another inquiry some says the cheapest way is to submit a new birthcert then filed for the cancellation of the first one.. Can I do that sir?  My fiancé's love towards my daughter is greater than blood.

Not possible also. That process requires court approval. So what will be your reason if the judge asked you?

Get married and adopt the child, that is the best solution.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum