Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Being forced to pay 3-year contract fee of Smart

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

chaozsama

Arresto Menor

We were subscribed to Smartbro broadband for years then in May and June, Smart personnels keep calling regarding the upgrade of all Smartbro canopy users to ULTERA as it will be phased out. First call, they said that it will be faster than our Smartbro (imagine from 1mbps to 3mbps for same price at 999 unli) but we said we'll have to talk with the subscriber as it was my brother not me. Next call, they said the same thing faater than what we usually have and we asked if we can transfer it as we had plans to move to makati (we're from dapiatn, sampaloc) and they said yes and that we just have to make a request. We said we will inform the subscriber. When we were given a go signal by my brother since ULTERA is faster (they said) and can be transferred location (they said), the next time they called we said YES. So came the technician and installed it in the afternoon. It was fast at first but at night time it was so slow no videos can be played due to slow connection. The PLDT website can't even be opened. So I tried searching for articles about ULTERA and low and behold, I learned that there was a capping that we can only use a certain amount of GB (1GB) download for the 3mbps and after that we'll be down to 250kbps. That is not even surprising because according to speedtest.net, our speed was 0.03 mbps. Where's the justice in that. Then someone from Smart called us again to confirm about the installation and talking about billing and I asked them about the slow speed and they told me that I SHOULD have been informed about it before the installation and told her we weren't because if we were we have opted not to have the upgrade and had it disconnected. Again, I asked if we can transfer the unit and they confirmed YES and we just need to go to their office to make the request. Here's the biggest problem I am facing as I can't do anything regarding the capping issue. I went to their office in Espana to make the transfer request as we were moving in a week to Makati. To my surprise, ULTERA is not yet available in the area where we are moving in so their solution is to TERMINATE the contract and have us pay the 3-year contract fee which if we'll compute will be more or less 65K. Please tell me what steps I should take as I feel I am being defrauded of my money for PLDTs undelivered service. There's not even a contract document for this. We can't fully move in as the ULTERA unit is still in our dapitan home and we're still paying the monthly due for it. I hope someone could tell me what to do. I have filed a complaint to their managment about this and they are not giving me any feedback when I already told them that I'll be moving in a week's time. BTW, no authorization letter was asked when they installed the unit. They just installed it.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum