Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

2 Year Contract for Teachers

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

12 Year Contract for Teachers Empty 2 Year Contract for Teachers Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:56 am

jomakimhut

Arresto Menor

Sir,

I have a son now employed as a teacher in Gentle Shephered School, West Fairview Quezon City. SInce we are now relocating to Makati, we asked him to come and move in with us suggesting he transfer as well to another school.

My son says he will not be able to transfer as he signed a 2 year contract with Gentle Shepherd School. Is this legal?

Please advise. Thank you.

22 Year Contract for Teachers Empty Re: 2 Year Contract for Teachers Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:58 pm

technified_ex

technified_ex
Prision Correccional

Its not that he cannot transfer, he may be liable for breach of contract if the school pursue the case against your son. Contract is contract, you must follow what is written on it and not just deny the contract if he dont want it anymore. Look at the consequence and indemnity that your son may face if he breach the contract. If you can handle the consequences then talk to the school in a nice way

32 Year Contract for Teachers Empty Re: 2 Year Contract for Teachers Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:43 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Technified Ex's statements have legal merit.

The general rule when it comes to employment contracts is that they are presumed to be valid and its terms and conditions contained therein are the embodiment of the parties' intentions when they signed such document. Hence, such contract is deemed binding to both parties.

Unless there is sufficient proof that willful fraud or misrepresentation has been committed by a party or if the terms and conditions weren't sufficiently negotiated by the other party (a contract of adhesion - meaning, only the employer exercised the power to negotiate and the employee was merely made to sign without understanding the consequences laid therein) or if such a contract is contrary to law and morals, then the presumption of the validity of the contract subsists.

Technified Ex's suggestion on how to deal with the current dilemma is what I would advise you to do as well, hoping that your son's current employer is understanding enough to let him go of such contract.

42 Year Contract for Teachers Empty Re: 2 Year Contract for Teachers Thu May 05, 2016 4:06 pm

sonic802

Arresto Menor

good afternoon, im a fresh graduate of secondary education.( 2015) nag apply po ako sa mga different school dito sa amin fortunately tinawagan ako sa isa sa mga inaplyan ko. january 2016 nag demo po ako. second week interview, after signing contract .
nakapirma po ako ng contract ng five years kaagad at may 50k pag hindi mo natapos ang contract. ang effectivity po ng contract this s.y june 2016.(wala pa po akong naibibigay na requirements except ung resume at contract na sign ko)
ngayon po nagtratrabaho ako sa isang school lab. technician at part time instructor nasa tingin ko mas malaki pa po ang kinikita ko dito.

tanong ko po:
maidedemada po ba ako ng school?
magbabayad po ba ako kahit hindi pa ako nagsisimula?
madedemanda rin po ba yung school na pinagtratrabahoan ko?
ano ano po ba mga pwede kong gawin.
salamat po.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum