Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reassignment or Resign

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Reassignment or Resign Empty Reassignment or Resign Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:20 am

gt.gbet

Arresto Menor

I am working po as QA for an an account on a BPO company for 6years. Unfortunately, na descope na po yung account na sinusupport ko,at nirereassign ako sa ibang account with the same role as loaned QA(temporary)*

*temporary kasi ininformed po ako na isusupport lang ang account na yun until end of august2015, and then hahanapan daw ulet kami ng posisyon.

With my preference,gusto ko na lang po sana magpaseverance.. Ang problema ko po, ang inooffer lang na option sakin;

(a)accept the reassignment, or if declined, (b)voluntary resign meaning wala pong severance

wala po ba talaga ako sa lugar na mag-ask ng severance?sana po masagot nyo po agad..

maraming salamat po

2Reassignment or Resign Empty Re: Reassignment or Resign Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:20 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

gt.gbet wrote:I am working po as QA for an an account on a BPO company for 6years. Unfortunately, na descope na po yung account na sinusupport ko,at nirereassign ako sa ibang account with the same role as loaned QA(temporary)*

*temporary kasi ininformed po ako na isusupport lang ang account na yun until end of august2015, and then hahanapan daw ulet kami ng posisyon.

With my preference,gusto ko na lang po sana magpaseverance.. Ang problema ko po, ang inooffer lang na option sakin;

(a)accept the reassignment, or if declined, (b)voluntary resign meaning wala pong severance

wala po ba talaga ako sa lugar na mag-ask ng severance?sana po masagot nyo po agad..

maraming salamat po

Wala.

Hindi naman illegal ang binibigay sa iyo na trabaho, and they can assign you to any account.

Meron kang trabaho, at hahanapan ka ulit ng ibang account after the current one closes.

http://www.councilviews.com

3Reassignment or Resign Empty Re: Reassignment or Resign Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:42 am

gt.gbet

Arresto Menor

thank you sir council..

siguro ang sakin na lang po ay minamaximize ko lang po yung tenureship ko na baka aside from backpay, eh pede pa po ako makatanggap ng additional payment(severance) considering na ganun nga po situation ko.

and ang nagbigay po sakin ng idea about severance is, bakit po yung mga ibang account na nadescope,naofferan ng severance(though not all),and at least nadaan sila sa redeployment(interviews)

moreover, the practitioners under the account I supported na madedescope nga po eh medyo confident sila na if walang mahanap na posisyon para sa kanila eh oofferan sila ng severance, unlike my situation na accept the post, or resign without severance

4Reassignment or Resign Empty Re: Reassignment or Resign Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:53 am

gt.gbet

Arresto Menor

I also called DOLE hotline, and based sa sagot sakin, pwede nama daw ako magtanung kung wala ba silang iooffer na severance. Kasi the company should also offer something benificial sa affected employess not only limited to just accept the posts or resign.
Baka kaya daw di nila inooffer ang severance kasi baka strategy ng company na di magbayad ng malaki lalo na sa mga tenured employees

I guess, if what you answered earlier sir is indeed a valid, I can accept naman..I would just like to be enlightened and educated on how can I compensate on my tenureship in case I would like to leave the company due to descoping account

Honestly, when it was cascaded na madedescope yung account, I hoped na sana maofferan ako severance kasi akala ko ganun yung magiging kakahinatnan pag natatapos ang account

FYI: di lang po pala nagrenew yung contract ng account..

5Reassignment or Resign Empty Re: Reassignment or Resign Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:55 am

gt.gbet

Arresto Menor

i researched and found this clause po sa labor code..pede ko po bang iapply sa situation ko to?

In exceptional cases, where separation pay is awarded as a measure of social or compassionate justice. Here, payment of separation pay may be ordered by the court even if the dismissal from service is found to have been for valid or just cause, i.e., even if the employee is found to have been at fault. (See PLDT vs. NLRC, No. L-80609, August 23, 1988.)

6Reassignment or Resign Empty Re: Reassignment or Resign Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:03 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

gt.gbet wrote:I also called DOLE hotline, and based sa sagot sakin, pwede nama daw ako magtanung kung wala ba silang iooffer na severance. Kasi the company should also offer something benificial sa affected employess not only limited to just accept the posts or resign.
Baka kaya daw di nila inooffer ang severance kasi baka strategy ng company na di magbayad ng malaki lalo na sa mga tenured employees

I guess, if what you answered earlier sir is indeed a valid, I can accept naman..I would just like to be enlightened and educated on how can I compensate on my tenureship in case I would like to leave the company due to descoping account

Honestly, when it was cascaded na madedescope yung account, I hoped na sana maofferan ako severance kasi akala ko ganun yung magiging kakahinatnan pag natatapos ang account

FYI: di lang po pala nagrenew yung contract ng account..

QA ka hindi naman operations so as long as there are other accounts to support, you can still be reassigned.

And the only time your tenure can be "compensated" is if your position is declared redundant (or if the company is having losses, then you can be retrenched)

7Reassignment or Resign Empty Re: Reassignment or Resign Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:07 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

gt.gbet wrote:i researched and found this clause po sa labor code..pede ko po bang iapply sa situation ko to?

In exceptional cases, where separation pay is awarded as a measure of social or compassionate justice. Here, payment of separation pay may be ordered by the court even if the dismissal from service is found to have been for valid or just cause, i.e., even if the employee is found to have been at fault. (See PLDT vs. NLRC, No. L-80609, August 23, 1988.)

This is a ruling by the supreme court.

That means if you want the same situation to apply to you, then you have to file a case against your employer and hope to win.

But I doubt with your current situation that you will.

There is already "social or compassionate justice" available to you - you have employment, and you are being paid for it.

There is nothing exceptional in your situation that would warrant any additional payment because you feel you are entitled to it.

8Reassignment or Resign Empty Re: Reassignment or Resign Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:39 am

gt.gbet

Arresto Menor

oks sir..thank you for the detailed answers..pero what do you advised sir?tiis tiis muna ako and just wait for redundancy or retrenchment?kasi po temporary support lang ako for the new account eh..

9Reassignment or Resign Empty Re: Reassignment or Resign Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:25 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

gt.gbet wrote:oks sir..thank you for the detailed answers..pero what do you advised sir?tiis tiis muna ako and just wait for redundancy or retrenchment?kasi po temporary support lang ako for the new account eh..

Keep working.

Don't wait for the redundancy - it will come if they think you should be included.

If you can't wait, then you can always look for another job and resign.

10Reassignment or Resign Empty Re: Reassignment or Resign Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:42 pm

gt.gbet

Arresto Menor

just last friday, Ive found out that the employees under the account have already received their severance letters,which will they receive on aug1.from payroll,edm,benefits...i dont know if contact center was included,and me,not receiveing the said letter..

di ko po alam why it wasnt offered to me. the only thing im worried sir, is baka they are waiting for mo to resign instead.

to tell you honestly, i was rated below performer for last year.and was enrolled under process improvement plan, due to what they claimed, is the consequence for being a below perfomer..last year was my first year to be rated that,and coincidentally,under new manager.iniiwasan ko na lang isipin it is based historically against my previous manager.

i ended the plan last May, and my manager informed me that his verdict for me is I passed, though I havent received any meetings yet or at least closure of it.

and now, I am on a new account, as a loaned QA..

My thing is, what if I was not able to perform under this new account?will I be terminated due to that, as well as they may consider my history?dont i have the "statutory period"?

11Reassignment or Resign Empty Re: Reassignment or Resign Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:14 am

gt.gbet

Arresto Menor

my query is to at least maximize or take advantage my tenureship if ever I decided to leave na talaga

12Reassignment or Resign Empty Re: Reassignment or Resign Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:00 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

gt.gbet wrote:my query is to at least maximize or take advantage my tenureship if ever I decided to leave na talaga

It's not within your control to "maximize" your tenure as you want it.

13Reassignment or Resign Empty Re: Reassignment or Resign Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:53 am

gt.gbet

Arresto Menor

sir, since i was assigned as QA for a specific field(EDM), and was offered and/or reassigned as QA to a different account and department(payroll/recruitment), can I decline those offers?

14Reassignment or Resign Empty Re: Reassignment or Resign Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:43 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

gt.gbet wrote:sir, since i was assigned as QA for a specific field(EDM), and was offered and/or reassigned as QA to a different account and department(payroll/recruitment), can I decline those offers?

Yes you can decline - by resigning. You will not be able to claim any redundancy or retrenchment (separation) pay since there is work available for you but it is your choice not to accept it.

THe reassignment is not illegal in the first place.

And check your contract - there is a similar clause that "you may be assigned to any task (etc etc)"

15Reassignment or Resign Empty Re: Reassignment or Resign Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:50 am

gt.gbet

Arresto Menor

ill check that on my contract sir..
I fully understand your answers and feedback sir, but I guess Im just rooting for the bigger money..And another thing that confused me is, when I called the hotline of DOLE, the rep told me to ask my company if severance can be offered to me..if they'll reassign me, i must have proper training,location is ok to me, payment will not be adjusted..
of course, there will be training, that I dont think it can be considered as proper(shadowing,self-study,for a short period).

and now, placed as temporary to a different account, and will be transferred again to another account this coming months, im beginning to think, wala lang advancement.

Since I was rated as below performer for the year, and seems to be not on good side with the management, napapaisip ako na baka tama yung sabi nung DOLE agent na baka hinihintay na lang nila na magkusa ako magresign para di magbayad si company ng severance..Pero kuha ko naman po mga sagot nyo dito..

baka lang kako merun akong mga chances na dapat i-grab,na di ko pala alam na maaaring panghinayangan ko sa huli po..

16Reassignment or Resign Empty Re: Reassignment or Resign Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:54 am

gt.gbet

Arresto Menor

can I do this to be eligible for severance?(just heard from a colleague)

-same role(QA) but temporary support for an account
-decline offered QA post for another account since i'm fed up on the said role,as well and training again for a new process without improvement on salary,worse, deduction due to shift schedule, and location.
-apply for different positions, but no one is hiring me?
-how long can I expect that severance can be offered?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum