Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

floating status for non regular employee/reassignment to other branch

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

j_jay2100

Arresto Menor

Is this legal?

I will be reassigned to another company , can I turn it down since I am not a regular employee yet ? will I be eligible for a seperation pay if I don't accept the reassignment ?

Reassignment has its own interview and assesment , what will happen if don't make it ? I was told that they can put me on floating status for six months.

Thanks you for any clarification..

j_jay2100

Arresto Menor

j_jay2100 wrote:Is this legal?

I will be reassigned to another company , can I turn it down since I am not a regular employee yet ? will I be eligible for a seperation pay if I don't accept the reassignment ?

Reassignment has its own interview and assesment , what will happen if don't make it ? I was told that they can put me on floating status for six months.

Thanks you for any clarification..

Additional Info- location of reassignment will require an additional an hour and a half travel time.- so Im asking if I can refuse the reassignment

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

No. Being a non-regular does not mean that you can refuse a valid and legal order.
No, you will not be eligible for separation pay if you don't accept the reassignment.

Yes they can put you on floating status for valid reasons.

If you think you are being forced to resign (constructive dismissal) you can file a complaint with DOLE. That is your right.

But the situation as described does not always mean that they are wrong. That may be part of management prerogative.

http://www.councilviews.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum