Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Illegal to operate a home-based online business in a residential condo?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Treize

Arresto Menor

Hello!

I have resigned from job and and have decided to setup an online business which will be my primary source of income. I will be self employed. My unit is a lease from a landlord which has been my place of residence for the past 6 months. Now I want to utilize about half or less of the studio unit for a office desk, computer , landline shelf and inventory. I plan on selling fashion accessories online thru my own website. There are no  employees or customers walking to the unit except for LBC who come once a day and pick up the item from me then drives it to the buyer in Metro Manila. By the way, package and food deliveries happen all the time in that condominium.  There are no advertisement, signboards or brochure hand outs either. Parang facebook seller except I'm building my own website and transaction will occur there (paypal or COD)

The admin of this well-known condominium developer  in Manila, informed me to write a letter of intent as to the use of the unit and the nature of business which will be forwarded to their board members. My question is can I be legally denied to employment and online transaction at the residential unit because I'm living on private property?  I will still eat, sleep, shower and watch TV there. FYI The business is not yet operational. But I have already registered with DTI as sole properietorship and secured a Mayor's permit.  I am awaiting for their reply before applying at the BIR.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum