Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

CBA for government agencies

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CBA for government agencies Empty CBA for government agencies Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:51 am

shawn

Arresto Menor

Is the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) valid if a member (who is also an officer of the labor union) of the Collective Bargaining Unit (CNU) is the spouse of the Head of the Office (the top management)? CBA is an agreement between the management and the labor union (in government agencies). what if the member CNU of the labor union is the spouse of the manager? Is the agreement valid?

2CBA for government agencies Empty Re: CBA for government agencies Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:38 am

attyLLL

while it is commonly called a cba, it can be looked only as an agreement subject to possible review by higher authorities. it is not the same as a cba in private companies.

unless you can show that there was an irregularity committed by the person, i do not believe mere relationship is sufficient to make the agreement invalid, especially if the general membership is given the opportunity to review and vote for or against the agreement.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3CBA for government agencies Empty Re: CBA for government agencies Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:13 am

resjudicata

Arresto Mayor

CBA is for the private sector while CNA is applicable to collective negotiation in the government. The Labor Code and ExO No. 180 are silent on this aspect, on the possible conflict of interest of the negotiating parties who are related to each other. I believe it must be specified in the CNA or CBA. I agree with Atty.LLL's opinion but to avoid doubts on the credibility of the output of the negotiation, their presence (spouses) should be scrutinized.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum