Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Foreigner married in Phils can remarry in Phils???

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

hatsuhime

Arresto Menor

I am a german citizen. I was married in 1995 in Manila. After that me and my spouse went back to my homecountry GERMANY. After 5 years she became a german citizen and 1 year later we got divorced in germany.

My question: CAN I REMARRY HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES even I was married before in the Philippines??

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

Yes of course! by all means. You have to forward a copy of your divorced papers in the Philippines. So they can put it on their record that you are fee to marry another Filipina. No need to wait for recognition as you are a foreigner after all.

3Foreigner married in Phils can remarry in Phils??? Empty Foreigner to action on bigamy Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:59 pm

tonyozcan

Arresto Menor

I married in the Phils year 2000 I divorced in Australia my ex wife is remarried in Australia
Can I take action on Bigamy in the Phils being remarried as she is my legal wife in the Phils

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

Is your wife now an Australian citizen the time of divorce? If she is, all she need to do is forward your divorce papers for recognition, then she is free to marry again! Who is the petitioner and the respondent? If you are the petitioner then she is free to marry again even she is still Filipino citizen, if she is the petitioner and she is still Filipino citizen, she might have committed bigamy. But if she is already Australian citizen the time she divorced you then, bigamy will not prosper.

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

Check this out! http://gtalawphil.com/wordpress/?p=81

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum