Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Respondent failed to attend mandatory conferences but allowed to file position papers. Is this legal?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

millimarti

Arresto Menor

While writing my reply to respondent's position paper, I came across this NLRC Administrative Order article:

NLRC Chairman issues Administrative Order which states that failure to attend the 2 mandatory conferences shall result in a waiver to file position paper.
http://delrosariolaw.com/index.php/answer-board/articles/38-nlrc-chairman-issues-administrative-order

Is this correct? The respondents never showed up for the 2 mediation and the 2 mandatory conferences and even a 3rd one which the arbiter allowed to give chance to the respondent! I attended all of them. But when it came to filing the position papers, respondent's counsel was allowed to submit and the admin officer even threatened me that my case was almost dismissed because I was an hour late in submitting my own paper! It was the first time I was late and I get the threats while the respondents were given extra chances and allowed to submit position papers?

I don't have any lawyers coz I can hardly afford to get by every week with my loss of income so should I call out the arbiter on this technicality? I feel like the arbiter is really leaning on the side of the respondents especially when I got inside info from my ex-company that my ex-boss is looking for someone in NLRC that he could pay up.

Really need your opinion on this. Thanks

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

So file a motion to that effect so their position paper won't be considered anymore.

http://www.councilviews.com

millimarti

Arresto Menor

Thanks for the advice. Will do.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum