Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Downpayment for Real Estate, advice urgently needed...please

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ciya2015

Arresto Menor

Hi,

Good morning po. I am just hoping i can get an answer from the legal point of view;

i paid a downpayment of P175,000.00 for a real estate property but I have not signed a contract yet (I am an OFW). after 1 month, i decided to cancel the transaction due to some financial problems that arised.

the Real Estate Office only refunded the P115,000.00 in 3 payments within a year but the remaining P60,000.00 was not refunded.

when i checked the Official receipts from my father (he was the one who paid the money), an OR worth P115,000.00 was issued by the real estate office but the P60,000.00 was only an aknowledgment receipt signed by the real estate agent.

Legally, is it right that the P60,000.00 cannot be refunded?

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

bakit daw may cut ng 60k?

ciya2015

Arresto Menor

It was not explained properly, what i was told was there are part of the downpayment which cannot be refunded. I was suspecting, the amount of Php 60,000.00 was not paid to the office, as no Official Receipt was given or showed to me. The money was received by the real estate agent and only an Acknowledgment Receipt signed by the husband was issued to me.

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

ciya2015 wrote:It was not explained properly, what i was told was there are part of the downpayment which cannot be refunded. I was suspecting, the amount of Php 60,000.00 was not paid to the office, as no Official Receipt was given or showed to me. The money was received by the real estate agent and only an Acknowledgment Receipt signed by the husband was issued to me.

Then go directly to the office and verify.

ciya2015

Arresto Menor

The real estate office manager said that amount of P115,000 whom they received is the only amount they can refund. The P60,000 was received by the real estate agent as a commission.

Are they allowed to get the P60,000.00 when NO CONTRACT was signed?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum