Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Advise needed: real estate problem

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Advise needed: real estate problem  Empty Advise needed: real estate problem Sun May 29, 2011 1:54 pm

Loki_23

Arresto Menor

I need some advise regarding a corner lot that me and my ex-girlfriend bought 2 years ago (June 2009). This lot is under both of our name (as buyers). Our agreement was for us to pay the whole lot equally in a span of 2 years (to avoid interest from the land developer). There will be an interest though if we failed to pay our monthly amortization. We both have a checking account and we pay the lot by us issuing two different checks. When we got separated late last year, we issued checks to our developer that will settle our remaining balance up to mid 2011. Initially, the amount I’m paying for the said lot is slightly higher than her. So, when we were settling the remaining balance, her share was higher this time. After issuing the checks, we go our separate ways.

Early this year, she told me that she can no longer pay her share. My first concern was the interest it will incur for not paying the monthly amortization. She informed me that our land developer still didn’t have the mother land title thus, no interest will be given to us. I asked her for a documented copy of this term coming from our land developer but she hasn’t given me any feedback about it. Since I don’t have any plans on selling my part, she suggested that I can pay her part. She also agreed to the idea of me paying her thru installment that will take 2-3 years. In return, the land title will be only under my name.

Now, she gave me two options:
1. If I want the land title to be under my name, I should pay her in full at the current market value price. The only deduction will be for the months she failed to pay. This is under the premise that the share is 50% to me and to her.
2. The land title will be under both our name and we sell the property. Divide the amount in half and her allowing me to deduct the months that she failed to pay plus the interest if there’s any.

I really don’t want to sell my part and I’m not sure if I should pay her with the current market value price. I also find it unfair if she’ll insist that she will not pay the interest since she’s the one who failed to do her responsibility of paying it. Furthermore, if I’m the one who’ll pay the remaining balance, then isn’t it that our share should not be equally divided to us (50/50)? From what I understand, the percentage (ownership of the lot) should be based on the amount that we’ve paid.

Hoping to have some advise… any inputs would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

2Advise needed: real estate problem  Empty Re: Advise needed: real estate problem Tue May 31, 2011 5:49 pm

attyLLL

to my mind, it should be based on actual contributions, but again, this is now a purely sale transaction so she is free to price her share at any amount, and you are free to agree or disagree at any price.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum