Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Abandonment or AWOL..

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Abandonment or AWOL.. Empty Abandonment or AWOL.. Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:37 pm

blindedfox

Arresto Menor

Good day po. Just like some insights regarding this issue.

I have a co-worker who is also a very good friend of mine. He is working for the company for well over 13 years already with no record of wrong doings. He served as a station manager on one of their business unit's branches before his immediate boss flipped for some reason.

Last month, his workload was suddenly removed from him. All of his equipment (laptops, service vehicle, etc) was taken away from him. He could only recall one event when he was not able to go to a very distant business location (an 8-hour land travel) mainly because the timing was off (in the wee hours of the morning) and the order was too sudden. The business wasn't affected at all and he was able to do workarounds on the task.

He is then being forced to choose between an entry-level job position or a marketing job (insurance). Please take note that he is no longer a Rank and File employee, he is already a middle manager. The insurance job came with certain conditions. He is required to have ten thousand (10,000) enrolees in less than a month and in each month there after, which is practically impossible to do. He is being forced to sign a waiver that if he cannot meet the quota, he will voluntarily resign. That proposition sounded absurd to me. He did not sign the waiver for it was as good as him being force resigned for little to no apparent reason.

Since he did not sign the waiver, and his workload was removed from him, he is practically on a "floating" status and have nothing to do in the office but just hang around the premises. His boss is now charging him of abandoning his post ("AWOL" daw), stating that he is not doing anything and just wasting company resources. Please take note that he still goes to work 8AM-5PM even though he basically have nothing to do save for some minor errands (a middle manager doing minor errands..). He did file a three-day leave that his boss approved.

Given the circumstances, can he file a case in the lines of harrasment if any? And can his boss really charge him of abandonment or AWOL? Thanks!

2Abandonment or AWOL.. Empty Re: Abandonment or AWOL.. Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:02 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

File for constructive dismissal.

Cannot have abandonment if still reporting for work.

http://www.councilviews.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum