Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need legal advice on FB matter

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Need legal advice on FB matter Empty Need legal advice on FB matter Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:01 pm

astro777

Arresto Menor

Hi, I need help badly. I was involve with a fight and this friend of ours opened my other friends facebook acct and read our exchane of chats. I admit to have said awful things about him but the thing is..this conversation was privately made. This was between me and my friend. He took a screenshot of our conversation and posted it on his fb account. One of our common friends said he read about it.. Is there anyway I can sue him for posting the conversation we had. ? is he liable to sue ne for defamation even if it was made privately? please help me. thank you

2Need legal advice on FB matter Empty Re: Need legal advice on FB matter Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:43 am

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi, he cannot sue you for defamation kasi hindi naman ikaw nagkalat nung message.

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

3Need legal advice on FB matter Empty Re: Need legal advice on FB matter Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:00 am

astro777

Arresto Menor

can I sue him po? because he posted irton his account?

4Need legal advice on FB matter Empty Re: Need legal advice on FB matter Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:03 am

astro777

Arresto Menor

Can my friend who's fb acct had been opened without permission sue him for accessed made without consent?

5Need legal advice on FB matter Empty Re: Need legal advice on FB matter Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:50 am

attyesc

attyesc
Reclusion Temporal

Yes, that is 'illegal access' which is punishable by the RA 10175 or the Cybercrime Law.

6Need legal advice on FB matter Empty Re: Need legal advice on FB matter Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:14 am

astro777

Arresto Menor

AttyEsc .. how about me? can I sue him? I mean.. he posted that private conversation with h malicious intent to humiliate and get sympathy when infact that was between me and a friend having conversations . I admit I was really hard on him but that is based on my opinion from what I heard? does that count as defation even if it is made privately? I really appreciate the advices. What would be the best thing to do to stop him? thanks

7Need legal advice on FB matter Empty Re: Need legal advice on FB matter Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:26 am

attyesc

attyesc
Reclusion Temporal

he cannot sue you coz he accessed the account without your consent so thats a violation of your right to privacy and inadmissible in evidence. hindi tatanggapin ng korte ang private conversation na yan. but you, you can sue him for illegal access.

8Need legal advice on FB matter Empty Re: Need legal advice on FB matter Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:32 am

astro777

Arresto Menor

The account he accessed is my friends account po. He used it against us to humilite us on fb and for other malicious intent. One of my friend saw this post. We are looking at filing a case against him for the humiliation and posting private messages. What would be the case we should file sir? Thank you again.. It is a great help.

9Need legal advice on FB matter Empty Re: Need legal advice on FB matter Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:43 am

attyesc

attyesc
Reclusion Temporal

you can sue him for illegal acess and libel under the cybercrime law.

http://www.gov.ph/2012/09/12/republic-act-no-10175/

10Need legal advice on FB matter Empty Re: Need legal advice on FB matter Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:46 am

astro777

Arresto Menor

Thank you so much for your help. I am glad to have found this website. Now, I have the idea on what to do and what we have to file. Thank you so much 👍 this website is great help for people like me.

11Need legal advice on FB matter Empty Re: Need legal advice on FB matter Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:48 am

mishael032409

Arresto Mayor

Medyo related po dito ang aking issue.

1. Since nangyari nga po ito sa internet - Na broadcast po ito sa facebook and marami ang nakabasa at ikina sira ng negosyo dahil sa kanyang paninirang puri saan po ba ang tamang lugar or tamang paraan para i report ito?
Sa barangay, police or nbi? or kung wala sa nabanggit, saan?

2. Saang lugar po dapat ireklamo since sa internet nangyari ang away? Sa lugar ng nagrereklamo or dun sa lugar ng inerereklamo?

12Need legal advice on FB matter Empty Reply Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:43 pm

karl rove

karl rove
Reclusion Perpetua

Medyo related po dito ang aking issue.

1. Since nangyari nga po ito sa internet - Na broadcast po ito sa facebook and marami ang nakabasa at ikina sira ng negosyo dahil sa kanyang paninirang puri saan po ba ang tamang lugar or tamang paraan para i report ito?
Sa barangay, police or nbi? or kung wala sa nabanggit, saan?

2. Saang lugar po dapat ireklamo since sa internet nangyari ang away? Sa lugar ng nagrereklamo or dun sa lugar ng inerereklamo?

If you need legal help, feel free to reach me at my account -karl rove
thank you

13Need legal advice on FB matter Empty Re: Need legal advice on FB matter Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:01 pm

karl rove

karl rove
Reclusion Perpetua

hi there.. you have to file a case in court

lets discuss

thanks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum