Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

any advice to this matter please..

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1any advice to this matter please.. Empty any advice to this matter please.. Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:08 am

lady_20

Arresto Menor

hi good day to all.. sana may makatulong sa kin dito

it all started 2 years ago.

nagpicture (sexy photo) ako using my ex boyfriend's phone. nung nagbreak kami, he posted out all this pictures and sinisiraan ako. He used friendter and facebook para ipost yung mga pictures ko and ininvite nya yung mga friends ko para makita nila din yung picture.

Pinuntahan ko sya sa kanila at nakipag usap na ko. Sabi nya inerase na daw nya lahat ng pictures ko. Akala ko ok na kame. pero after that may mga lumalabas pa din na accounts sa facebook at friendster na ganun yung profile picture.

I tried to report his abusive actions to those social networking sites pero after mabura yung isang account meron ulit lalabas.

please i need help. Sobra na nya kong nagugulo.

2any advice to this matter please.. Empty Re: any advice to this matter please.. Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:30 pm

attyLLL

how would you prove that he was the one who posted it on the internet? if you can prove that then you can file a case against him. if you cannot, you can still try and hopefully he will desist, but the case won't probably prosper. did you save or take screenshots of his posts in facebook?

this could qualify for violence under VAWC. there was even a similar case decided by the Supreme Court: http://sc.judiciary.gov.ph/jurisprudence/2010/april2010/182835.htm

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3any advice to this matter please.. Empty Re: any advice to this matter please.. Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:28 am

patrick.marin

Arresto Menor

Republic Act No. 9995 – Anti-Photo and Video Voyeurism Act

(b) To copy or reproduce, or to cause to be copied or reproduced, such photo or video or recording of sexual act or any similar activity, with or without consideration, notwithstanding that consent to record or take photo or video coverage of the same was given by such person/s;

Those found guilty of committing any of said prohibited acts will be penalized with imprisonment of not less than 3 years but not more than seven 7 years and a fine of not less than P100,000.00 but not more than P500,000.00, or both, at the court’s discretion.

Find a way to prove that he was the one who posted those photos.

4any advice to this matter please.. Empty Re: any advice to this matter please.. Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:21 am

resjudicata

Arresto Mayor

" xxxPinuntahan ko sya sa kanila at nakipag usap na ko. Sabi nya inerase na daw nya lahat ng pictures ko. xxx"
This is a tacit admission that he started it all. It would be better if you have documented this confrontation with him. In law, there is this maxim which says: "He who is the cause of the evil cause should bear the consequences."
The situation is ripe for prosecution under VAWC.. Your bf has or had a sexual or dating relationship with you before and his act has resulted to a psycholigical abuse amounting to public redicule or humiliation.
If you will explore the benefits under RA 9995, be sure that your cause of action has been committed on or after the date when that legislative measure has become a law.

5any advice to this matter please.. Empty Re: any advice to this matter please.. Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:13 pm

attyLLL

good one on ra 9995. forgot about this recent law, but again the difficulty is how to obtain the evidence to prove who did the posting.

the way they proved it in the Ang case (the one linked in my post) was to send a message to the guy to meet up, and when he did, they considered this as evidence that he was the one who owned the cellphone account used to send the pictures.

you can try this tact by sending a message on facebook to get the guy to reveal himself. i suggest the honey trap approach where a girl uses her guile to reel in the guy.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum