Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Im a foreigner can i divorce in philippines?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Anders37

Arresto Menor

Hi
Im a swedish guy that was married to a Filipina Before.
we got married in Philippines but we have been divorced in sweden since 2011.
Im thinking of living part time in Philippines so i want to be divorced/separated there so i can own a condo and perhaps have a girlfriend without doing something illegal.
Is this possible? and if it is what is required?

Regards

Anders

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

Anders37 wrote:Hi
Im a swedish guy that was married to a Filipina Before.
we got married in Philippines but we have been divorced in sweden since 2011.
Im thinking of living part time in Philippines so i want to be divorced/separated there so i can own a condo and perhaps have a girlfriend without doing something illegal.
Is this possible? and if it is what is required?

Regards
Anders

You don't need to divorce her too in the Philippines, all you have to do is forward the divorce papers to the Philippine Embassy in Sweden for recognition so she'll be able to marry someone elso too, after her marriage to you is recognised in the Philippines.

Anders37

Arresto Menor

Can i go to NSO office in Philippines also or is the embassy a better way? there is no embassy in sweden anymore but the embassy in Norway handle Swedish cases.

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

No you can't just endorse it to NSO directly, You are better off to send it to Philippine Embassy in Norway then!

Anders37

Arresto Menor

so its easier to do it through embassy than in Philippines? i was planning to start the process there when im on vacation.

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

Anders37 wrote:so its easier to do it through embassy than in Philippines? i was planning to start the process there when im on vacation.

If you send it through Philippine Embassy they have lawyers there and they will attested it right there and then and will forward it to the Philippines for filing, there are some payments involve, but if you wish to submit it to NSO directly they may not entertain you as there's a procedure to process it, this needs filing for recognition before going to NSO records.

michie14

Arresto Menor

Hi! I think my case is somehow or a little bit similar.
I need advice po. Im a filipina married to a japanese.
We got married last May 24, 2006 in Concepcion, Tarlac.
If I'm not mistaken, the day after our wedding ay numalik n agad sya sa Japan. Inaayos nman po nya ung application ng marriage namin sa bansa nila para mai-apply ako ng visa at sa Japan kami magsasama. Ako nman po ang nag-ayos dto sa Pilipinas. Ok nman po ang marriage certificate namin sa NSO. But during po ng processing ng visa ko sa Japan, nawalan po sya ng trabaho kaya po nadis-approved ung Visa application ko. Simula po nun, di ko na po sya nakausap... Wla n po ako balita sa kanya. From 2007 upto now po, di n po kami nagka-usap. Valid reason n po ba ito para ifile ko po ng nullity ang kasal namin? Advice nyo po ako. May mga nanliligaw po sa ken at handa po ako pakasalan. Kailangan ko lng po maayos ito bago po uli ako pumasok sa isang relasyon uli. Sapat n po ang ilang taong pinaghintay n wala naman pong kinahinatnan? Maraming salamat po.

8Im a foreigner can i divorce in philippines? Empty reply Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:00 pm

karl rove

karl rove
Reclusion Perpetua

michie

yes, i think you could file a case for cessation of marital vows

if interested... pls PM me

thanks

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

michie14 wrote:Hi! I think my case is somehow or a little bit similar.
If I'm not mistaken, the day after our wedding ay numalik n agad sya sa Japan. Inaayos nman po nya ung application ng marriage namin sa bansa nila para mai-apply ako ng visa at sa Japan kami magsasama. Ako nman po ang nag-ayos dto sa Pilipinas. Ok nman po ang marriage certificate namin sa NSO. But during po ng processing ng visa ko sa Japan, nawalan po sya ng trabaho kaya po nadis-approved ung Visa application ko. Simula po nun, di ko na po sya nakausap... Wla n po ako balita sa kanya. From 2007 upto now po, di n po kami nagka-usap. Valid reason n po ba ito para ifile ko po ng nullity ang kasal namin? Advice nyo po ako. May mga nanliligaw po sa ken at handa po ako pakasalan. Kailangan ko lng po maayos ito bago po uli ako pumasok sa isang relasyon uli. Sapat n po ang ilang taong pinaghintay n wala naman pong kinahinatnan? Maraming salamat po.

Yes, a petition for declaration of nullity of marriage based on psychological incapacity may be filed.

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

michie14 wrote:Hi! I think my case is somehow or a little bit similar.

File for an abandonment! Your spouse is a foreigner and no longer come to see you so that is abandonment not psychological incapacity dahil di mo ma prove yan if he is not in the country!

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

It can also be the case that either or both of them have psychological incapacities, hence, depending on the full details it can be granted. Abandonment is a ground only for legal separation. Hence, she cannot remarry!

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

But if the husband is nowhere to find how can she prove Psycological incapacity? They had to know where his whereabouts because they need to confirm her accusation that he is indeed Psycological incapacity, if he is nowhere to find how can they do this? OR it could be presumption dead because they don't have communication since 2007.

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Even the party who has psychological incapacity can file for declaration of nullity of marriage. In other words, depending on the surrounding circumstances, if the wife can prove that she has psychological incapacity, the action for declaration of nullity of marriage can be granted. if she is really willing to have her marriage declared void, there are so any private detective agencies which can help locate her husband.

michie14

Arresto Menor

Thanks to all for the replies and advice.

karl rove, how can i PM u.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum