Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can a foreigner file a recognition of divorce in Philippines

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dyaniez

Arresto Menor

Good day po,
Here's the situation.
I am a Filipina and I have a Norwegian fiancé who had been previously married with a Filipina here in the Philippines, they got divorced in Norway in which it was my fiancé who filed the divorce. Now the problem comes when we apply for a fiancé visa for me to Norway, my application was denied due to my fiance's ex wife was granted a residence permit under family reunification and their divorce is not registered here in the Philippines.
Do we need or can my Norwegian fiancé file a recognition of divorce here in Philippines or it must be his ex wife?
Please anyone give me an advice and ideas.

Thank you so much and looking forward for your help.

Yours,
Dyaniez

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

I don't know,
but the only cases I have heared of it has been
the FOREIGNER file for and get divorce abroad
and the FILIPINA try get it recogniced in the Philippines.

If the ex isn't to angry, I suppouse she can agree to do the work, if your fiance pay the costs. IF she don't lose some other right by that, so she want compensation for that too.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum