Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

unfiled change of status

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1unfiled change of status Empty unfiled change of status Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:12 pm

cathy30

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty.,
would like to ask help and legal advise regarding my situation. it really bothers me everyday coz i felt im looking for justice from the company, particulary from the HR personnel.

my company is renewing its medical insurance. and we were asked whom we would like to enroll as our dependent (with corresponding payroll deduction later).
for single- parents & siblings, for married- husband & children.

when i filled-up the form i was still single, so i enrolled both my parents.
then i got married last may 28, 2014.
weeks after, there was a time when the HR personnel asked if when i will change my status. i said not yet coz i still don't have the legal doc (marriage contract), maybe next year.

my mother was hospitalized July 15, 2014. the insurance company will not cconsider my enrollment coz as per HR's masterlist (that were sent to insurance company) they reported me as "married" but still using my single name. because of this "married" report, i was asked to pay for my mother's hospital bill.

HR's stand is they reported me as 'married" because they were aware that i just got married.
my stand is that i did not file for change of status because I still don't have the legal document to support it.

Is it right they just reported me as 'married' though they don't have the legal document?

i was also given my new medical insurrance card but under my "single' name and not my married name.

i am now confused, in the masterlist of the insurance company im "married' but still using my single name.

can i sue the HR personnel for this mistake?

please enlighten my mind. it bothers me everyday because it felt i was not given justice.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum