Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

AM I IN TROUBLE?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1AM I IN TROUBLE? Empty AM I IN TROUBLE? Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:31 am

riedhuz

Arresto Menor

Good day,

I really need your advice. I was asked by a friend of mine who is a contractor to work as his assistant so I agreed. Now because he was a very close friend of mine I trusted him until our first client gave us the downpayment. He did not pay me so I left and looked for another job. After 3 months, I found out that my friend the contractor was having problems with all of his clients. The clients were complaining that the jobs were not finished, yet the contractor was already paid. Because of the long delay of the jobs, the clients asked for a refund but the contractor doesn't have the money anymore. Now my problem is, since I was his assistant when the first client gave the downpayment, the contract that was given had my signature on it. If the clients are going to take legal action against the contractor will I be charged as well because of my signature? What are the sanctions? And what should I do so that I wouldn't be sanctioned? I hope you guys can help me out. Thank you.

Last edited by riedhuz on Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:47 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum