Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Subpoena, trouble, others

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Subpoena, trouble, others Empty Subpoena, trouble, others Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:40 am

tazlynn

Arresto Menor

Hello po..
Recently, my niece got a news that she will receive a subpoena soon from our barangay.. she's worried that her invitation will fall on a school day, can she refuse to attend and send someone instead on her behalf?

Also po, she recently joined a local pageant here in our barangay.. She won the first runner up title. After the pageant, someone told us that the head judge was the aunt of the crowned Mr. and the neighbor of the crowned Ms. pageant. Everyone else said that it was well cooked. In fact, before the announcement of the winners, the emcees got the scores and erased and it's like they were changing something on the score sheets.. We thought they were just tallying the scores but them it took them an hour to do so. We didn't complain because it wasn't really important for us.
Then photos were uploaded on my niece's facebook acount and described the album as :the final cooking show. We just thought that it's funny. Her friends were asking which one is the winner, and my cousin described which one but did not say any name at all. Also, one of the comments, my niece placed there that the show was cooked that even the winner was over cooked..
Now, the mother and the Ms Winner heard about those comments and found ways to view my niece's facebook profile even if they were not friends on facebook and everything else was only exclusive for my niece's friends to view.. in short they have common friends.
Then the mom allegedly smsed one of our neighbor, saying that the next time she will see my niece, she will slap my niece with her daughter's sash. One of our friend saw it and told it to us. I told my niece to send an apology letter to the family if her jokes were taken literally and seriously and if the mom really sent that sms, she should be careful because that is already a threat, that is if she really sent it. We just wanted to settle it nicely but now, the other family is complaining to our barangay and that's the reason for the subpoena. What's worst now is that, the mother denied that she sent the sms and summoned the person who got the sms and maybe asked to deny it as well.

Please help us.. What can we do?

2Subpoena, trouble, others Empty Re: Subpoena, trouble, others Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:25 am

mdventura

mdventura
Reclusion Temporal

Apologise! Apologise! Apologise! pale

3Subpoena, trouble, others Empty Re: Subpoena, trouble, others Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:02 pm

tazlynn

Arresto Menor

mdventura wrote:Apologise! Apologise! Apologise! pale

Yes.. we already did apologized.. but they still went to the barangay ang filed a complaint. Is there something else we can do to protect my niece? Sad thanks po!

4Subpoena, trouble, others Empty Re: Subpoena, trouble, others Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:56 pm

mdventura

mdventura
Reclusion Temporal

Philippines is just like in US people sue each other all the time so you have to be very careful in every step you do! Think a lot of time before making any moves that can result as mistakes! People ask for MONEY that's all what they want, they want you to settle for MONEY unfortunately! Damages has been done and forgiveness is free but obviously they want your money. Therefore, if you think you are wrong try to sort it out and settle it before it get any worst otherwise, if you think you are right and you have enough proof to support your case then fight for it!

tazlynn wrote:
mdventura wrote:Apologise! Apologise! Apologise! pale

Yes.. we already did apologized.. but they still went to the barangay ang filed a complaint. Is there something else we can do to protect my niece? Sad thanks po!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum