Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Electricity Theft

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Electricity Theft Empty Electricity Theft Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:10 pm

PhotoshopLOL

Arresto Menor

Our neighbor seems to be stealing electricity from us
They have been stealing electricity for almost 2 years now.
Since then we have noticed that our electricity bill from Meralco just suddenly went up ( from 6000-8000 pesos to over 14000 pesos ) which really startled us and we became alert, at first we thought it was just a line that was grounded but we had our lines checked TWICE and there was no problem. So we got suspicious of our neighbor (who was hammering down on our wall non-stop , probably tapping to find hollow spaces in which they could steal some of that electricity fr us), then we got the idea of turning off the main breakers to really see if they're stealing electricity, When they started drilling (using a drill that requires electricity) we turned off OUR breakers and their drill suddenly turned off, coincidence? I think not. To top it off they dont have a wall, we share similar walls on the back side of our houses so it's easy for them to tap. We have disconnected the side where we think they are staling electricity, guess what? We never heard the drill again and they are starting to tap again in my room (right this moment, while im typing this, they are hammering down on our wall and tapping to find somewhere to tap electricity from), We are planning to file a lawsuit against them, since this is against Republic act no. 7832 section 2 b, when we find more evidence. I need advice from you fellow filipinos on how to proceed with this and how to find more evidences, we need someone to investigate on this matter because this is really getting out of hand, can't you belive it? For almost 2 years they stole almost 150,000 pesos from us. We need help.

Cheers!
P.S. Sorry for the grammar lapses and typos, I am using ny iPhone at the moment because my computer is broken.

2Electricity Theft Empty Re: Electricity Theft Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:13 pm

PhotoshopLOL

Arresto Menor

P.P.S I have not talked to lawyer yet

3Electricity Theft Empty Re: Electricity Theft Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:24 pm

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

Report them to a Meralco at once so they know they are stealing electricity which is Pilferage. Meralco will be charging them and take them to court if needed. And you might be able to a discount and Meralco will charge them.
Contact them through here...
http://www.meralco.com.ph/customer/page-cusContact-feedback.html

4Electricity Theft Empty Re: Electricity Theft Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:03 pm

PhotoshopLOL

Arresto Menor

But we are not sure if they are really stealing electricity, what if we report them and it turns out that they're not stealing electricity
I have not yet reported

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum