Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Two owners of house and lot

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Two owners of house and lot Empty Two owners of house and lot Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:10 am

Marene26

Arresto Menor

Greetings! I would like to seek your advice. I am one of the co-owners of a house and lot given to us by my grandmother who is dying. The second owner is my youngest sister. My family and I are not in good terms because I caught my mother forging the signature of my cousins who were also given their own houses by my grandmother. My youngest sister is already 23 yrs old but I fear that they would con me out of my share of the property. My aunt advised me to have an annotation on the land title which is still in my grandmother's possession. My question is, how can I be assured that the land title is not mortgaged (my mother did this before to my grandmother's car) and how can I ensure that My mother and sister would not sell the property without my presence? My mother can forge my grandmother's and my signature too. I am already having sleepless nights thinking about this and I would deeply appreciate all your help!

Thank you and best regards!
Marene

2Two owners of house and lot Empty Re: Two owners of house and lot Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:55 pm

foobarph

foobarph
Prision Mayor

how can I be assured that the land title is not mortgaged (my mother did this before to my grandmother's car) >> check with your local Register of Deeds

and how can I ensure that My mother and sister would not sell the property without my presence? >> well, you sell or mortgage the property first on your behalf and have it annotated. unahan mo sila ikanga. Smile

3Two owners of house and lot Empty Re: Two owners of house and lot Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:57 pm

hustisya

Prision Correccional

What documents do you have on your hand that will serve as a proof that the property is already given/donated to you by your grandmother? Where is the original title of the property? If you want the sale or mortgage cannot be process by your mother, get the original title and keep it. She cannot make mortgage transactions with the Registry of Deeds without the original title of the property, even in sale.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum