Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

How To File ""Recognition Of Foreign Divorce.""""

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

garthbishop

Arresto Menor

In 1998 I married a Filipina in Quezon City,, Took her to Australia,, I helped her to get a job,, drive a car,, after 4 years helped her to get Citizenship,, In her job after 8 years she commited ADDULTERY with her SECRET BOY-FRIEND.. She went to live with him.. After 2 years I waited for her to return to me because I LOVED HER SO MUCH.. She NEVER RETURNED TO ME SO I DIVORCED HER. I sold everything so to live in Philippines.. Now I been here for 5 years.. I have since found a MAGANDA CHRISTIAN LADY THAT I WISH TO MARRY.. But the big problem is needs a COURT ORDER TO NSO TO RECOGNISE MY AUSTRALIAN DIVORCE....

James Levio

Arresto Menor

You have to have your original 'Decree Absolute' from you divorce in Australia. I had to produce mine from a previous marriage in UK.
I am a Brit and got married last April and know what is necessary. You also need a 'certificate of no impediment' which you have to apply for personally at your embassy in Manila. With flights from Gensan, the 21 day posting on the embassy notice board and the certificate, it cost me 20,000 pesos!!...but worth it.

garthbishop

Arresto Menor

But the CIVAL REGISTERY ask me for NSO Document to show my marriage ended in Australian Divorce.. What year did you post your Documents on your Embassy here in Philippines?.. Can you please tell me in more detail how to do it?..

pjottr

Arresto Menor

James Levio wrote:You have to have your  original 'Decree Absolute' from you divorce in Australia. I had to produce mine from a previous marriage in UK.
I am a Brit and got married last April and know what is necessary. You also need a 'certificate of no impediment' which you have to apply for personally at your embassy in Manila. With flights from Gensan, the 21 day posting on the embassy notice board and the certificate, it cost me 20,000 pesos!!...but worth it.

Hi I am a Dutch national living in Gen San also dealing with the same issue
My lawyer did not ask for a cert of impediment at all He asked me to show a copy of the Dutch Law specifying that divorce is allowed this aside of a authenticated divorce decree.

I am looking for a second opinion and therefore for another lawyer
Perhaps yours?
Is it ok for you to meet to discuss personally My name is Pieter and my tel nr 09052722713
Thanks

robertjuco.phil@gmail.com

Arresto Menor

Kindly provide me your mobile number and email so I can better explain to you the process for recognition of of foreign divorce.

http://robertjuco.com

pjottr

Arresto Menor

robertjuco.phil@gmail.com wrote:Kindly provide me your mobile number and email so I can better explain to you the process for recognition of of foreign divorce.  

I noticed by research that processing and admin processing seem to differ in this country Apparently in many jurisdictions knowlegd is lacking about how to process.

To date I have send a request to the NCR in Manila to register my divorce. At the same time I file in the RTC my request for acknowledgement
At this point in time I know how to proceed however it was a long way to get there since many lawyers were not consistent in their answers.

Appreciate your willingness to help but I am fine now.
Thanks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum