Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

13 month pay

+4
attyLLL
mesmerized_040488
njaniola
maryxmcllns
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

113 month pay Empty 13 month pay Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:08 pm

maryxmcllns

Arresto Menor

hi po. im new here and i need advice as well. Smile i'm currently employed for 2 months now,contractual po, bali outsourcing po yung company. ngayon po nag tanong po ako sa employer namen kung mayroon po ba kaming backpay. sabi po ng employer namin hindi daw po kami qualified for 13th month pay dahil contractual lang daw po kami. pero po sabi ng DOLE entitled daw po ang contractual sa 13th month pay. pano ko po irraise yung issue sa employer regarding 13th month pay? thanks in advance.

213 month pay Empty Re: 13 month pay Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:38 pm

njaniola

Arresto Menor

"All rank- and- file employees are entitled to a 13th month pay regardless of the amount of basic salary they received in a month and regardless of their designation status, and irrespective on the method by which their wages are paid, provided that they have worked for at least one month during a calendar year. The payment of the 13th month pay may be demanded by the employee upon the cessation of the employer-employee relationship. 13th month pay is computed as 1/12 x average basic monthly salary x no. of months in service in a current year. "

Hello Ma'am, with the facts you have presented and with the above provision of law which I have cited, I submit that you are entitled to 13th month pay. You can raise your claim by citing the above-mentioned provision of law to your employer.

313 month pay Empty Re: 13 month pay Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:06 am

maryxmcllns

Arresto Menor

thanks so much for the reply. ill review my contract if ever na walang na-mention regarding this benefit, i'll raise it to them. salamat po ng marami!

413 month pay Empty Re: 13 month pay Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:58 am

mesmerized_040488

Arresto Menor

For example, nag work ako from April2010- October 2010.
Khit hndi na ako connected with the organization na pinag trabahuhan ko mkakareceive pa din ba ako ng 13th month pay?

513 month pay Empty Re: 13 month pay Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:15 am

attyLLL

yes, you are entitled to a proportionate 13th month pay. it should be no. of months worked divided by 12 then multiplied by basic salary.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

613 month pay Empty Re: 13 month pay Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:55 pm

winz

Arresto Menor

hello sir, I'm presently employed as Recruitment Officer in the Recruitment firm company.Ive been working there for at least 9 months from march up to present.,but i was shocked and depressed that i can't receive a 13th month pay,not just me but also my 4 colleagues.,some of my co-worker told me its because I'm not a regular employee,thats why we can't received a 13th month pay.and one of I'm thinking of we don't have a contract in this company?it is possible? My right po ba ang employer ko na d ibigay un? at anu po pwede kong gawin?Mag resign na po ba ko bago q sila complain or complain ko sila while I'm still on the company?pls help po..thanks

713 month pay Empty Re: 13 month pay Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:32 am

gaarasama

Arresto Menor

hindi po ako abogado pero ang tingin ko po ay entitled kayo makakuha ng 13th month pay.. hindi man buo pero dapat proportionate.... siasabi ko po ito based sa experience... when i was working as a pat-time crew sa jollibee, september lang po ako nag istart dun, my status then was part-time, contractal pa.. pero nakakuha pa din po ako ng 13th month pay... so tingin ko po ay entitled kayo makakuha nun.. kung ako nga na ganun lang status may nakuha... kayo pa kaya... aion po....

813 month pay Empty Re: 13 month pay Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:16 pm

winz

Arresto Menor

thanks for reply... but i hope my question have an answer from legal adviser, or from attyLLL., .. thanks and more power.

913 month pay Empty Re: 13 month pay Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:16 am

prettysexy_baby

Arresto Menor

I was employed in a private company with a starting salary of P12,000. However, when my probationary period ended and i was get regularized, my salary became P13,200.

Last November 2010, they transferred me to its sister company as a regular employee with a basic salary of P16,000.

Last Friday i got my 13th month pay and i only received P13,300. Is it the right computation or should I have received P16,000 which is my latest and basic salary.

Please enlighten me.

Thank you very much and God Bless!

Sincerely,

ACC

1013 month pay Empty Re: 13 month pay Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:08 pm

attyLLL

winz, gaarasma is correct. you are entitled to a 13th month pay, even proportionate.

1113 month pay Empty Re: 13 month pay Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:13 pm

attyLLL

prettysexy, the rule is: The minimum 13th month pay required by law shall not be less than one-twelfth of the total basic salary earned by an employee within a calendar year.

add up your total earnings in the year and divide by 12. it is not based on your latest salary

1213 month pay Empty Re: 13 month pay Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:23 pm

prettysexy_baby

Arresto Menor

thank you very much for the clarification. however, did i get the correct 13 month pay which is P13,300?

Thank you very much again!

1313 month pay Empty Re: 13 month pay Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:26 pm

attyLLL

pretty, i cannot answer that without knowing what you earned in the entire year. add up your basic for the year then divide by 12.

multiply your basic salary by the number of months it was at that level and add it all up then divide by 12.

1413 month pay Empty Re: 13 month pay Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:01 am

knowell

Arresto Menor

Hi to everyone Smile

New lang po ako dito. Ngayon ko lang nalaman may online forum pala for a free legal advice just like this.

Gusto ko lang po malaman kung ang 13th Month Pay po ba ay subject to Annualized Tax Deduction?

Thanks in advance

1513 month pay Empty Re: 13 month pay Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:25 pm

attyLLL

knowell, employee is allowed to receive up to P30k worth of benefits a year tax free. this includes rice allowance, uniform and 13th month pay. the excess of the 30k is subject

1613 month pay Empty Re: 13 month pay Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:05 pm

knowell

Arresto Menor

Sir..

New employee palang po ako di pa ko regular.. under minimum wage po ako.. I only received less than 10k as my 13th month pay but with deduction of almost 1k as a Annualized Tax Computation (NOTE: EST half of the total tax due for the year 2010) Legal po ba yung tax deduction ko? less than 10k lang naman yung 13th month ko nakuha

1713 month pay Empty Re: 13 month pay Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:42 pm

attyLLL

as i said, the rule is that you are allowed up to 30k tax free. ask your HR why there is a tax deduction.

1813 month pay Empty Re: 13 month pay Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:33 am

knowell

Arresto Menor

Sir wala po kaming HR direct po lahat control ng General Manager namin pati ang accounting sya ang may hawak ng payroll kahit meron kaming accounting kaya control nya lahat kasi confidential daw po yun it means liquidize na mga salary namin.. tinanong ko po sya kung bakit binawas sa 13th month pay ko yung annual tax ko. ang sabi lang sakin para daw po kalahati nalang ang ma deduct sa akin by january. reasonable po ba or by laws ang deduction ng 13th month pay naming mga employee para sa annual tax?

1913 month pay Empty Re: 13 month pay Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:08 pm

attyLLL

ok, i'm not sure what was deducted. i take it that the deduction is not for the 13th month at all, but for annual taxes? if it is for future income, that is irregular. taxes should be deducted as the income is earned, not before.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum