Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stolen Company Property

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stolen Company Property Empty Stolen Company Property Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:33 pm

sbgonz527

Arresto Menor

I was keeping a laptop inside a laptop bag, placed on top of my pedestal. It was suddenly reported missing and I was charged with negligence to company property resulting to loss. It was not in my thoughts that such thing could happen because there are security measures before and after coming in to the office. I personally undergo such checks. Now apart from the memorandum, I am also obliged to pay for the cost of the laptop. I was pleading that it was not lost or missing, but instead stolen. Is there any way that I can be waived from the cost or the charges?

2Stolen Company Property Empty Re: Stolen Company Property Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:50 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

sbgonz527 wrote:I was keeping a laptop inside a laptop bag, placed on top of my pedestal. It was suddenly reported missing and I was charged with negligence to company property resulting to loss. It was not in my thoughts that such thing could happen because there are security measures before and after coming in to the office. I personally undergo such checks. Now apart from the memorandum, I am also obliged to pay for the cost of the laptop. I was pleading that it was not lost or missing, but instead stolen. Is there any way that I can be waived from the cost or the charges?

It's missing since you don't have it. And it's your responsibility, so you are liable for it.

Besides, you can't just rely on security measures - you have to actively ensure that the item under your control is really secure.

You can only "blame" others if the CCTV shows the item was taken by someone else.

http://www.councilviews.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum