Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need advice on property stolen under my watch

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

girlindistress

Arresto Menor

I hope I put the thread in the right section.

Anyway, here's the situation. See, there's this kid who asked for his property placed in an office table drawer (no lock) for safekeeping because he didn't want it broken. So I put it there. Btw, according to rules, personal belongings not needed during operations are not to be brought inside and being in a higher position than him, I shouldn't have accepted it. Also, the kid knows that he's not supposed to bring it too. Anyway, his stuff got lost and I'm being asked as to why appropriate action shouldn't be taken against me. Is it negligence on his part or mine, and what could I use to my defence? Thanks for the help.

Last edited by girlindistress on Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total

foobarph

foobarph
Prision Mayor

You can use good faith as a defense and there was NO INTENTION in your part to misappropriate the thing left by that kid.

foobarph

foobarph
Prision Mayor

read this helpful cases and try to apply it in your own situation. less words in reasoning, much better understanding.

http://sc.judiciary.gov.ph/jurisprudence/2009/jan2009/170923.htm
http://sc.judiciary.gov.ph/jurisprudence/2011/february2011/165381.htm

after you submit your explanation and they did not accept it, don't fret and just wait for their action. continue going to your work and if they will dismiss you BASE on this simple issue, go to NLRC and file a complaint for illegal dismissal, based on their questionable administrative procedure (kasi may twin notice rule yan dapat so it's another labor issue)

pero kung suspension lang, ok lang yan kasi management prerogative yan. hope you get my point somehow.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum